Hilux Owner (But a navara owner bursting out)

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

navarabloke

Reaction score
Am finding myself attracted to the Navaras.

I have a Prado (for wife, kids, camper trailer) and a hilux (85 dual cab on a 79 chassis, carby 2ltr power beast, for bush/pigs). I want to upgrade the hilux but they are sooooooooo expensive even 2nd hand...always hated Mitsubishi for some reason, so the Navara is looking like a good option but I admit I know nothing.

I'm here to learn!

James.

I started looking at Hilux's but had the same thoughts they were too expensive and ended up buying a 2008 D22 model. Note there are 2 different Navara models for sale, the D22 and the D40 models, totally different trucks!

Hi James, welcome to the forum.....All I can say is keep bursting out. You will not go wrong with a Navara. There are 2 different types as stated, I preffered the D40 for the look and creature comforts but you will find that a lot of the guys go for the D22, all in all they are great trucks and what ever shape or model you will enjoy.....

I do know the Navaras come as a D22 and D40. I remember reading in about 2007 (I think) the Navara got Ute of the Year in 4x4 Action magazine

From memory the D40 is about $10k dearer (brand new at least).

I would like turbo diesel manual dual cab.

Is there a specific site to compare D22 to D40?

Thanks for all the help.

Welcome.

I read your intro and thought oh great Boof has joined up, I can threaten to ban him like he has to me a couple of time's.

Anyway's mate, the light you have seen is a good one.

Look up on the nissan australia web site, they still sell both model's brand new.

Anything specific you wanna know.

Dave.

Thanks all for the warm welcome.

Yeah Dave some similarities to Boof. The same Boof on 4WD Action I presume?

Hey dec0guy - In what ways are they totally different?

Some bastard stole my hilux last Sunday (happened in Dec too but I got it back 3 days later a bit worse for wear) so have to move sooner than I thought.

lol sorry to hear that mate.
did you happened to leave the key's in it, and told someone about it so you could make the right decision and get a nav sooner rather then later.lol
welcome to the forum.

Hi James, welcome. I have just bought a new D40 (4/3/09). Looked at all the others & felt the Navara was the best option. I also prefered the D40 for its looks & creature cumforts, even my wife loves it.
Phil

Thanks all for the warm welcome.

Yeah Dave some similarities to Boof. The same Boof on 4WD Action I presume?

Hey dec0guy - In what ways are they totally different?

Some bastard stole my hilux last Sunday (happened in Dec too but I got it back 3 days later a bit worse for wear) so have to move sooner than I thought.

Yeah mate the same boof.

I am sure you ain't gonna tell us how good 60 series stuff is and how sick your Hilux looks with all its bling.

Go the D22, great vehicles.

Dave.

Latest posts

Back