v8 Diesel 6.5 chev

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sps996

Reaction score
Hi there just wondering if any one has put a v8 chev Diesel into a navara d22 cheers.

Never heard of it done but personally Id go a 4BTA Cummins.

Plenty of Americans have pulled the 6.5L Chev out of H1 Hummers and gone the 4BT as its a better motor.

Dave.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would think you would have to lengthen the chassie rails and the front quaters to be able to fit something that size in.

I was originally going to import a nissan titan for the running gear but still would have had the problem of big conversion and problem with parts.If australia brought 1 out I would have bought 1 for sure but my D22 has 300 at the rear so that is enough.Bosshog I can put you ono the bloke that did mine but you are looking at about $20,000 to do it but well worth it.

I was originally going to import a nissan titan for the running gear but still would have had the problem of big conversion and problem with parts.If australia brought 1 out I would have bought 1 for sure but my D22 has 300 at the rear so that is enough.Bosshog I can put you ono the bloke that did mine but you are looking at about $20,000 to do it but well worth it.

I'll fit you one for $19.990K, I'll even throw in a tank of fuel.

There is another forum that I am on (mudrhino) with a GU cut into a twincab that looks sweet for sale $28000 off the top of my head. I would post a link but I believe you have to be a member to see any of the posts.

Hi there just wondering if any one has put a v8 chev Diesel into a navara d22 cheers.

The 6.6L Duramax is a much newer motor, It'd be worth looking into... The Americans are putting out over 1000hp reliably from these :happy:

Wouldnt even dream of putting such a large torquey engine into a Navara....., driveline simply would not handle it....thats if you could get it to fit!!
6.6L Duramax is a major headache operation to fit into a Patrol, let alone a Navara

Best of sticking to smaller petrol V8s for power upgrades

Just do it. If theres a will theres a way. Make sure you take plenty of pics tho so i know what and what not to do tho

only going to happen more and more as the forum gets more popular. Particularly during school holidays

only going to happen more and more as the forum gets more popular. Particularly during school holidays

LOL.

I remember someone saying to me this doesn't mean anything without photo's but at least I don't talk shit and I do what I say I am going to do

I think that was me. You came through with the goods and stuck around, that's a whole different kettle of fish :big_smile::cheers!:

Latest posts

Back