cracked front diff housing after 15,000 ks...

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cruptd

Reaction score
Hey all, just wondering if any of you could offer any advice to help my old man out.

He has an 09 d40 spacecab 4x4, 2.5td, it has never done any off roading, but when recently taken in for a service, they noticed the front diff housing was cracked.

The local nissan dealer pulled it out for inspection, and sent him an email stating that the crack had NOT been caused by any impact or misuse, and it would be covered by warranty.

But after they contacted nissan about it, nissan refused the warranty claim.

The local nissan dealer have been very helpful in fighting for it to be covered for him, but nissan just wont cover it.

Has anyone got any ideas on what we can do next? The bill to have it fixed has ended up just under $3000.

Even the local dealer said that its just geting too embarassing selling nissans now. With just 15,000 ks on it, its just a joke really.

If anyone has any advice on how to go about it would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers......

Chat with the dept of fair trading. keep the email from the dealer. Write to Nissan Aust direct see what they say hit them with a letter of demand . Sounds like you have a good dealer keep him in the loop even ask him which angle to go down. Similar thing happened with wifes Disco they ended up buying it back at the price we paid 2 years earlier. Took a while Good luck and keep us posted

cheers guys.

Yeh he was talking to nissan about it, and said that he would take it to the department of fair trading, and their response was 'go ahead'.

The local dealer also told him to keep a diary of the calls he makes and what is said etc...

He said thats exactly what nissan does and thats why they have a strong case in court.

But really with a letter from the 'authorised nissan mechanics' stating that is wasnt from any sort of misuse, it should be a closed case as far as im concerned. They even said that it was an obvious fault in the casting.

I'll keep yas informed as to what happens anyway guys, cheers for the advice.

Mate I wish your old man luck, here is another reason I wouldn't buy a D40.

Nissan Australia must hire the biggest !@#$wits as you would think the money was coming out of there pockets and not Nissan Japan.

Dave.

Mate I wish your old man luck, here is another reason I wouldn't buy a D40.

Nissan Australia must hire the biggest !@#$wits as you would think the money was coming out of there pockets and not Nissan Japan.

Dave.

Yes i did tell him to buy a d22! Haha

He wanted a spacecab though, so thats why he went a d40.

I doubt very much that he would consider buying another new nissan after this though.......

My case goes infront of the tribunal on Monday. All I can suggest is make sure you dad does as much as he can via email so there is a traceable account of everything.Get as many independent reports as you can to substantiate your case. Nissan basically thinks that of they say No then we will just go away and never both them again. We do have rights by law that they basically seem to ignore.
All I can say is stick with it and dont let them get away with it.
Nissan was warned at my initial hearing that if i proved that they had done the damage then they will owe me a new truck.
Nissans trucks are great but the after sales service we get from Nissan is a freakin joke.Its a sad day when the dealerships are trying to do the right thing and its the manufacturer thats the problem.

I feed for you mate, i too have had the same argument with my 2 month old d40 on another warranty issue. Dealer agress but Nissan australia deny, they treat yo ulike a idiot and are very hostile on the phone. IF you speak to fair trqading they will tell you there is nothing they can help you with, i was told basically all i could do was get legal advise and take them to the Mag courts. I too will never buy another nissan, their warranty is worthless. Really should have just bought a Friggin Great Wall!

That sucks. I personally couldn't go through what Aussie Frontier is doing, I just don't have the patients or the ability to handle the stress.
If you like I'll T-bone it and write off 2 kingcabs at once for the insurance money. Or he could silicon up the diff and trade it in.

I wish your old man the best of luck.

Here are some pics so you know what we are dealing with. Cheers guys...

Attachments

• LODGE 001.jpg
    LODGE 001.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 128
  • LODGE 002.jpg
    LODGE 002.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 1,444
  • lodge diff 001.jpg
    lodge diff 001.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 144
I can see why ARB haven't made a front air locker!. How much for a front diff from a wrecker?

I dont think he has talked to a solicitor yet, i think he wanted to see what they would say about it first, but its looking like that might be the next move now.

I think he got quoted about $1200 for a diff from the wreckers, so that would prolly be the cheapest way out of it.

Yeh it really makes you doubt nissans after seeing quality like that doesnt it.......

Latest posts

Back