Clutch pedal location

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whoknows

Reaction score
This is my first official post on the forum, so let hope I don't make a dick of myself.

I have just purchased a 2006 3.0 TD STR dual cab, which I am over the moon about. Now is it only me or does the clutch pedal seem a bit close to the floor tunnel. When I drive i like to rest my foot down along the LHS of the clutch pedal and was thinking of moving/bending the pedal to the right about 20 mm ???.

Has anyone else done this, and is it legal to do so ??

Bruce

Ahm I don't think it really matters if you bend it a lil to make room I don't see it being a rule to have so much room between pedals. For me I have plenty of room to rest but that's cause I have a skinny size 10.5 foot.

First reaction to the thread title was "It's the 1 on the left!":sarcastic:

Like Rusty I dont have a problem with the position but you gotta do what you gotta do to be comfy I guess.

i agree with bruce, nowhere near enough room and is one of my main bugbears with my nav. With workboots its worse cause of the big sole. I guess thats why front wheel drive cars are all the thing now.

All done, I was looking at removing the clutch pedal and re-bending it in a press. However after looking at all the trouble to get it out, I got two 12" shifters and did it that way. It moved very easily, to easy I thought. Anyway it's now 20 mm closer to the brake pedal, and has made all the difference.

All done, I was looking at removing the clutch pedal and re-bending it in a press. However after looking at all the trouble to get it out, I got two 12" shifters and did it that way. It moved very easily, to easy I thought. Anyway it's now 20 mm closer to the brake pedal, and has made all the difference.

Cool, racing pedals in the Nav, bend the brake over a bit and you'll be able to heel and toe like a real pro:rock:

I hated it originally but I am use to it now.

I wear size 12 Globes and dont have a problem with them.

Dave.

Going from a car with plenty of room and a foot rest, feels wierd for me. Might try and move the clutch over as i like resting my foot. Can you get foot rests for the 06 nav?

Latest posts

Back