Navara vs Frontier wiring

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

merchant

Reaction score
Hi all,

Does anyone know if the 2008/09 Frontier stereo unit wiring/connections are the same as a 2008/09 D40 Navara?

I just purchased a new stereo head unit from overseas and the seller has just informed me the unit is plug and play for a Frontier but he is now unsure about the Nav.

It's no biggy if it isn't. I'll just order a Aerpro adapter or break out the soldering iron.

I haven't looked at every page of each manual but in general both manuals seem to indicate the same wires in the same locations (exchange right to left of course). As far as I am aware their trucks still come from the same factories as ours so therefore apart from some things being on different sides it stands to reason the wiring is atleast similar. But like I say I've not compared both closely. just use your left hand for everything you'll be ok

There is a standard Nissan connector. If they haven't changed to ISO yet, both the Navara and Frontier should use that.

Oh well, time will tell if it fits without mod or additional harness. It is being dispatched UPS tomorrow so should have it next week.

Na, to talk you handbrake into a new set of 6 x 9's for the front and 6's for the back :devil:

It will depend on the year model. The 2006 models were held up on the docks for weeks in January 2007 while they awaited the new connectors from Japan apparently.I tried to get the correct adapters for my head deck and every radio installer shop I went to all said "Oh thats one of these ISO connectors". None were even close . Maybe they have that sorted now but couldnt say for sure.

Back