10,000km Holiday ends! Nav wins!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deejay

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

It's been a while, almost 4 months in fact and have just returned from a 10,000km family holiday in the Nav and the Jayco Hawk Outback. Good times!

Gotta admit the Nav was outstanding in almost every area of the trip with the exception of the rattles of the fuel tank guard against the fuel tank when going over corrugations. Small whinge I know, but annoying. I also noted it has started to crack so will get it fixed/replaced under warranty on next service.

Our trip was from Perth to Warroora Station for a couple of months, then up to Exmouth, then in to Tom Price, Karrijini Nat park, Millstream Chichester Nat Park, Gregorys Gorge, Karratha, then back to Warroora and Gnaraloo before a quick stop into Shark Bay on the way home. We did some serious miles, many of them towing the Jayco and having a full car and tray.

Creek Crossings, Sand Dunes, Beach Driving thousands of K's of some of the worst Corrugations you'd likely ever find, nasty Iron Ore gravel roads and red dust up the kazoo!

Best move ever was the 2" 300kg Tough Dog suspension lift, ride height was perfect and when unloaded gave me a good 3-3.5" lift which helped in many occassions when 4WDing.

Next trick is Long Range tank. Pics will follow as I get some time.

Cheers,

DJ

Attachments

• Navara crossing creek.jpg
    Navara crossing creek.jpg
    237.2 KB · Views: 104
  • Jayco.jpg
    Jayco.jpg
    176.2 KB · Views: 58
  • D and S at Warroora.jpg
    D and S at Warroora.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 61
  • sandhill fun.jpg
    sandhill fun.jpg
    176.9 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:
Nice work DJ, I was wondering where you got to.

Can't wait to see some pics. Glad the Nav didn't let you down.

Lucky bugger I need a holiday like that.

My Nav clicked over 180,000km's last night, the D22's are a bloody good ute.

Dave.

welcome back. soooo jealous. good to hear the nav performed admirably. How did the Hawk go?

Cant wait for my tin lids to grow up so i can POQ and do the same thing. How did you find your towing mirrors? i have similiar and find find they fold the mirrors in when you get up over 90 odd klm per hour??

Thanks guys, it's good to be back.

@ Will, The Hawk was awesome. Once the kids had broken everything and I had fixed it all properly, everything was then perfect. Biggest issues was kids wrenching the cupboard doors pulling the tiny wood screws in the hinges. A drop of superglue hardens up the damaged timber and voila! Fixed!

@Beergutz, The mirrors were fine, no problems at any speed. They do shake a little with the wind, but still fine and did the job nicely. Max speed I had the old girl up to with van on the back was around 125km/h when over taking slow grey nomads in convoy.

The Hawk is an outback which has high clearance, shockies and stone guards underneath. It will go most places my Nav will, provided you drive to the conditions, keep maintenance up and take it easy, it'll go the distance.

Cheers,

DJ

Back