project stainless tanks

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blue boy

Reaction score
got some 1.6 mm 304 grade stainless from work that i'm gonna turn into a 140ltr water tank and a 100ltr fuel tnk to go under the tray.

thinking of just gravity feeding the diesel from the stainles tank to the main tank via a ball valve.

and using a (push) barrel style pump for the water so i can run a shower or a hose etc for when camping and at work.

Any advice or tips from what you have seen would be good.

cheers

Attachments

• stainless tanks 003.jpg
    stainless tanks 003.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 69
I just made a new tank for mine, a 60L fuel tank that sits in the tray, pumped to the factory tank.

Hardest part mounting under the tray is supporting the weight. Are you thinking of strapping or bolting up?

Last edited:
bolting with a frame underneath.i work for a mechanical fitting company so 1 of the boiler makers are gonna weld the tanks up and make a frame for them to sit on as there's already channel under there.

are you just going to use ahand pump?
Did you put baffle's in?

Attachments

• stainless tanks.jpg
    stainless tanks.jpg
    127.2 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:
Na, I use a solenoid style pump sucking through a CAV filter. I have the switch in the cab, so I can pump up on the run. I have a marine style filler cut into the side of my canopy. I'll take a pic tomorrow to show my setup. I did have a 220l mild steel tank, but I have down sized to get back more ute space.

Tanks at those capacity's will need some internal baffling too.

pics would be awsome. going into the work shop tomorrow to get them bent up.

can you also take a photo of the pump and give me a run down on how its wired up.

cheers

Last edited:
got em bent up today.. only problem is there 100mm to wide. so gonna get a smaller 1 pressed up hopefully during the week. so i'll have a 120ltr and a 95ltr tank. probably gonna make the bigger 1 water? just gotta wait for the boys to get a spare couple of hrs to weld them up.

Attachments

• stainless tanks 004.jpg
    stainless tanks 004.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 70

Latest posts

Back