D40 Auto Gas conversion Perth?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Biscuits

Ginger Ninja.
Reaction score
Fistly, how many of you well groomed fellow D40 owners are running around with gas conversions done?

What are the results of doing this, worth while or not?

Lastly, Has anyone in Perth area had one done, if so where? (recommened or not?)

Cheers Lads

I can't remember any specific threads but SolidD22 was a fairly vocal advocate of diesel gas I seem to remember. I also think Marty was one of the D40 advocates look for threads by either and I'm sure you'll find a bit of info.

As for being well groomed I'm not sure where you find the time to keep yourself so well groomed, since the whole hair dressing thing came up I've been flat out servicing all the D22 wives who have been saying their men just can't cut it.

Well Krafty you never disappoint, thought i'd throw that in there to see what i got back. Gold!

I did a search for, gas, LPG, conversions and got so many irelevant results i gave up and started this one up.

Well that's a bummer, I actually thought there was a SolidD22 thread about his conversion.

My advice (which as you can see is well informed and influenced by a lot of experience in the area) make sure you get the gas piped into the cabin as well, helps sedate those more annoying clients.

From what I've read from Martin's post's, it seems like a good way to go for power and economy, although a such a large initial outlay would require you to rack up plenty of K's before seeing the benefits $ wise.

I'm not sure if I could handle the merry go round at the servo though.

I've never been a fan of gas conversion of any motor, thousands are and I don't hold that against them we all believe what we believe, but like you 08 I think the biggest thing is the time between money spent and money recouped.

I still love the power it gives me BUT if your still under warranty dont get one fitted , instant void on your drive train , you'd be better to go Petrol injection at least you can hide it better

Cheers

PS; I should add that I installed a petrol kit to my 100series cruiser , its early days but jeeesus does she get up and go under load . On a long straight 5th gear 2ooorpm, 8o kmh keep your foot where is , and turn the manual switch on 800m down the road without moving the acc pedal and you've just hit 95kmh , there is nothing to the kit so to speak off , injector body,pump,regulator,boost pressure switch,hose & fittings some wirering and thats about it apart from the tank , I set the boost switch at 6psi cut in. Next month when I'll drive down to SA I will see how much economy I have gained.

when I compare the power the Gas gives me on the Nav v the LC , I would say the LC have more of a gain

Last edited:
and they look better too.

We do both the gas injection and petrol so when we say Petrol is better, you can believe it !!

From what I've read from Martin's post's, it seems like a good way to go for power and economy, although a such a large initial outlay would require you to rack up plenty of K's before seeing the benefits $ wise.

I'm not sure if I could handle the merry go round at the servo though.

WA has a Gov decent rebate which pays for most of it. It is the upfront cost that gets you, 3-6 weeks later you get most of it back. Was going to do it to my patrol a while back.

WA has a Gov decent rebate which pays for most of it. It is the upfront cost that gets you, 3-6 weeks later you get most of it back. Was going to do it to my patrol a while back.

That's OK, just stick it on the credit card. :suicide2:

Just been reading up on the petrol injection, I don't know much about, but it certainly has some merits. I would be interested to hear comments from anyone who has it.

That's OK, just stick it on the credit card. :suicide2:

Just been reading up on the petrol injection, I don't know much about, but it certainly has some merits. I would be interested to hear comments from anyone who has it.

PS; I should add that I installed a petrol kit to my 100series cruiser , its early days but jeeesus does she get up and go under load . On a long straight 5th gear 2ooorpm, 8o kmh keep your foot where is , and turn the manual switch on 800m down the road without moving the acc pedal and you've just hit 95kmh , there is nothing to the kit so to speak off , injector body,pump,regulator,boost pressure switch,hose & fittings some wirering and thats about it apart from the tank , I set the boost switch at 6psi cut in. Next month when I'll drive down to SA I will see how much economy I have gained.

when I compare the power the Gas gives me on the Nav v the LC , I would say the LC have more of a gain

From what your saying, it doesn't improve bottom end torque?

Yes it does as soon as the boost builds up its power all the way , mind you the LC is much lower geared compared to the D40 and your through the gears before you know it , on the D40 I would say its much like the Gas but with much more sting if you like

Back