Extended warrenty?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kipper31

Reaction score
Hi i have a 07 d40 diesal auto which has been nothing but trouble , to many things to list,major things too. Im thinking about taking out extended warrenty and are just enquering is it exactly the same as new car warrenty ?Ive had extended warrenty in the past on second hand vechiles etc and they arnt worth crap.Is the nissan warrenty any good please let me know if theres any clauses ,like i have to have it serviced from them.Any help appreciated.

I'd be wondering if a car that's been nothing but trouble is worth keeping let alone worth paying for extended warranty but everyone's circumstances are different.

Different manufacturers have different things written into their fine pint and the fine print must be supplied before you sign on the line so the best bet is to really look hard at that fine print and find out what is covered. There are plenty of people here who claim that Nissan's required warranty is crap so there is a good chance there will be many saying their extended warranty is crap also.

I have no idea what it costs these days or how it's worded but I know from previous experiences with Nissan and other manufacturers that extended warranties aren't all they are cracked up to be and don't suit everyone. The one thing to take into mind when looking at something like this is that the manufacturer is hoping you never have to make a claim and that the dollars you give them are money in their pockets so they are still going to try and get out of some claims and depending on the wording of the contracts you sign they might have an easy out for somethings.

I have seen extended warranties that require factory servicing and they are binding contracts because unlike the required warranty a new car must come with the extended is something you choose and choose based on the terms and conditions of the contract. Whether Nissan are like that I'm not 100% sure but it wouldn't suprise me after all they aren't doing it for your piece of mind they are doing it for themselves.

I have a 2006 STX, i took up the extended warranty( $1200 for 2 years) and so far i have had back diff out and replaced seal, also alternator which was about $1100 - for me i think it is worth it.

Scotty

Like any insurance when you need it it is worth double what you paid. If you don't you have done your nuts.
Personally I wouldn't have a D40 without it. When stuff goes wrong they can be big dollars to repair.
On that subject I offer two bits of info.
First extended warranties go up October 1st.
Second if you want an extended warranty flick me an E-mail and I will give you a contact that will reduce the price for forum member buy about $100-$150 depending on the warranty.

Hey Scotty
How long ago did you get the alternator done on warranty. have same age d40 and been told by only dealer within 1000km tha it is $2300 for new one. - so obviously would love it to be done under warranty. have 120000 on the clock

I rang Nissan Australia about extending the warrenty on my D22 before the warrenty ran out but they never got back to me.

Glad I didn't as it would of been a waste of money.

Get a D22, heaps better built then the D40's.

Dave.

Latest posts

Back