Steering wheel stereo controls

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

merchant

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm thinking of adding some Pathfinder type steering wheel controls for my new stereo when i eventually get it. Does anyone know where i can get them from and whether it's easy enough to do.

I've had a look at a thread on another forum which shows how it's done so i now just need to know where to get the bits and pieces and also to know if anyone over here has done it.

Cheers

I pulled my steering wheel apart and took some pics. The connector is there in the steering wheel as per the instructions on the other site, so it will be possible.

I haven't added the controls though - my stereo is a Pioneer F900BT, and I'm not sure the steering wheel controls would work.

I pulled my steering wheel apart and took some pics. The connector is there in the steering wheel as per the instructions on the other site, so it will be possible.

I haven't added the controls though - my stereo is a Pioneer F900BT, and I'm not sure the steering wheel controls would work.

Would you know where to get the parts from??

The plastic cover is a Nissan genuine part, not sure of the number but they can supply it and it no doubt comes as both left and right hand sides not separately like most other things automotive do.

Not sure if Nissan sell the plastic and the buttons together or separate but in the US the Maxima part which includes the controls and plastic for both sides is $80 on ebay so I'd imagine you could atleast double that for an Australian part number. Last time I looked no one in Aus was selling them and I don't know for sure the Maxima fits but it looks close so it might be a point to start.

You may be lucky enough to find close to matching controls after market and you can cut the plastic to suit but it might not look as neat.

hi all,
does anyone know why the 07' D40 STX does'nt have steering wheel audio controls with the 6 stack cd player, yet the 'ST' has them with single cd player, seems crazy.

There is a number of differences with the Thia and Spain models, that could just be one of them.

hopefully wiring to the steering wheel is the same, then i could connect it, but that would seem to easy.

No one has been able to confirm 100% whether the wiring looms are in place. Given that the Pathy has had the steering wheel controls for a lot longer than the ST-X one could assume the wiring is there but it's yet to be confirmed.

I'm sure there was a thread hereabouts that described how the Nissan Maxima had matching steering wheel panels and they came with stereo controls on the left side. I've no idea if that will actually wire in to the connector inside the steering wheel, or if the cable in the steering wheel is connected to the stereo.

You can get the controls off ebay for less than $300 but the closest I remember this forum coming to answer the question of whether the looms were in place was along the lines of. "To save costs Nissan wouldn't install anything more than they had too." But we do know that is in part wrong because the wiring for the dash temp is in place but no Nav's in this country back then came with the thermistor.

Problem is you have to take off the steering wheel and chase down the steering column to find out and that's not a 5 minute job. The last report I read which might have been on the UK forum was that there is one connector at the bottom of the column and one near the top but I wasn't able to confirm that.

thanks guys, my Nav is Spanish built so maybe it might be ok, i'll do some more research and try and find some time to check the wiring, pity people at nissan cant confirm!!

keep us up to date i am interested to know about this

on a side note a mate of mine has a patrol, and he found a prgammable remote control on ebay for 5$. this remote fits in the 'corner' of the steering wheel, where the spoke comes out of the center, it looks the part and does more than the steering wheel controls - obviously this solution only works if you have a stereo with remote control functionality

and on another note, i recently upgraded my stereo and there where about 5 extra wires in the loom to the back of the stereo(i capped and stowed them) that didn't affect the workings of the unit - possible these are steeing wheel controls???

I believe we have proven the wiring is at the back on the unit but there's has been no real evidence as to just how far it goes. Would be good if it goes all the way up the steering column but if it only went to another plug somewhere that would suck.

I just installed the audio controls in my late december built 08 thai king cab and i can confirm that i didnt have the wiring there.i was hooking it up to a carpc so it wasnt a issue.can confirm this.....button panal fits.the clock spring works with the extra buttons once wired in.3 to 4 extra wires do need to be fitted to the multiplug (located just near the steering wheel coloum adjuster) then routed to the sterio multiplug to get it to work.and if your wanting to use the controlls for a car

ForumRunner_20121007_120134.jpg

ForumRunner_20121007_120227.jpg

ForumRunner_20121007_120309.jpg

pc the buttons need to be disasembled and the 4 surface mount resistors on the circuit board need replacement as there all similar values.

Crap $300 for the controls and that much effort just doesn't seem worth it.

Still it's good to know what's there as someone will no doubt consider it worthwhile.

i found this ( 25552-D40002 ) at Courtesy parts in US for $us75 and cost is same to send to AUS. Around $144 au to try, might be ok.

Latest posts

Back