Cross country intercooler

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris T

Reaction score
Hi guy's just fitted x country intercooler have not road tested as yet only around town Quiet easy to fit instructions need expanding but have been talking to Jon at x country and instructions are being updated .Hardest part of job was cutting neat hole in bonnet and then bracing hole ,the bonnet and scoop are being painted at the moment .Will try to attach some photo's

Attachments

• aug10 054.jpg
    aug10 054.jpg
    194.3 KB · Views: 377
  • aug10 032.jpg
    aug10 032.jpg
    211.7 KB · Views: 413
  • aug10 034.jpg
    aug10 034.jpg
    214.2 KB · Views: 400
  • aug10 035.jpg
    aug10 035.jpg
    215.7 KB · Views: 389
  • aug10 043.jpg
    aug10 043.jpg
    220.1 KB · Views: 358
One thing I have not been able to figure out about these coolers from photos I have seen is how the flow goes from the discharge side of the cooler to the inlet manifold or from the turbo to the hot side of the cooler.

Your pics answer the question on the hot side but I still can not work out the plumbing from the cooler to the inlet manifold. You did not get a pic of that did you?

Hope thisw anwsers your questions bluester
Chris
Took it for a run on highway this avo I feel it has improved driveablity and pick up slightly will see what economy is like next
Chris

Attachments

• aug10 032.jpg
    aug10 032.jpg
    211.7 KB · Views: 288
I also have one of these units fitted to my Nav. I noticed in you pics, some extra wiring out the back of the IC. Is that a thermostat for the thermo fan ? Didn't come with mine, did you fit it your self ? Regards JWT

extra wiring

yeah thats thermal switch for fan so that it only runs when temp gets up . just asked for it themal switch when I ordered unit did not get charged it's just appears to be glued onto housing .
So what's your feedback on this intercooler set up I am happy with the unit
Chris

I think I will do the same thing. I don't see a need for the fan to run all the time. I haven't had a chance to test properly yet. Ill let you know once I tow my camper.I also fitted beaudesert 2.75 inch exhaust at the same time, so hard to say which gives the biggest increase in performance. I would say probably its the exhaust . The engine does rev far more freely now and the lag is almost completely gone. I also have a DP chip which I fit some time ago. So would I do it again YES absolutely. Cheers, Tukey

Hi Chris T just wanting to know if you have any long term feedback on this kit?

x country feed back

Well I can't complain about product or service the intercoolers been on for over 15months travelled over 40000 km with at least 20000km of towing camper .Yes there was some early on faults with the unit but mine was one of there first units fitted and we did big Km early on .I had couple of brackets break on gibb river road and fan failed but I talked to cross country and gave them some feed back on problem they replace brackets and fan straight away and then supplied me with revised new design brackets since .Just have a quick visual look ever time lift the bonnet . Chris

Mine turn up yesterday, brakets look fairly robust. Would have to agree on customer service in the end thats why i ended up going with the kit and the fact being a work ute top mount keeps it up out of the way from stray objects in the paddock. Hoping to have it installed on the weekend.

How hard is it to change the air filter? can it be done with out unbolting the intercooler

.How hard is it to change the air filter? can it be done with out unbolting the intercooler

Yes it can be done without removing the cooler. It does require some fiddling, some swearing, and at least one banged-up finger :rant: - but it can be done. It is a pain, and I'm thinking about converting the air-cleaner unit to an 80 series cruiser (search the forum & you will find the threads) to make it simpler.

Yes it can be done without removing the cooler. It does require some fiddling, some swearing, and at least one banged-up finger :rant: - but it can be done. It is a pain, and I'm thinking about converting the air-cleaner unit to an 80 series cruiser (search the forum & you will find the threads) to make it simpler.

hi nakedape, have you fitted the 80 series air cleaner? i have an 80 series filter on mine and i have just ordered a crosscountry intercooler, let the fun begin.

hi nakedape, have you fitted the 80 series air cleaner? i have an 80 series filter on mine and i have just ordered a crosscountry intercooler, let the fun begin.

No, not yet. I've been too busy but I hope to start sourcing parts soon.

Front ones yes... But not the rear no. And plus it plumbs directly into the intake so I it can't go any lower

Mines on order should have it in 2 weeks. Really looking forward to installing it and seeing the difference

Latest posts

Back