d22 drivers seatbelt

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chubmiester

Reaction score
Hey guys, a while ago i got some water into my drivers side seatbelts motor, which has now screwed with the tension and all that, and now the seatbelt tensionner fault light flashes intermittantly (checked the manual to match the symbol to the fault!)

I think im just asking if its best to get a second hand motor and seatbelt from the wreckers, or if its advisable to get a brand new nissan one? Just in case that old one is faulty from the crash or what not...
Also was just wondering if i was to replace it, the second hand or the new one, would my computer straight away pick up that i have fixed/replaced the faulty motor/tensionner and stop flashing? Or would i have to go to a mechanic and let him have a play with my computer or reset it?
Thanks alot.

The only issue I've ever found with getting seat belts from the wreckers is price, some wreckers make the price so high it's easier to buy genuine. If you inspect the item before buying it and make sure it all works properly I wouldn't be too worried about buying from a wreckers. Do the usual checks like inspect the entire belt for nicks and frays, see if it pulls out and retracts easily and of course make sure it's the right one not all wreckers remember what cars they pull parts off.

I've only ever replaced belts in older cars where warning systems weren't an issue but I'd suggest that like the seat belt warning for when it's not plugged in once you have rectified the problem or replaced the problem the warning system will stop warning.

thanks alot for that, ive been starting to look at wreckers now, get the best price.
Ive called up a couple and so far they only have seatbelts with tensionner from STR's of similar year (i have DX 2003), 2005 and 2006... just curious as to if this will be a problem matching it to my car or it should work the same? apart from the different colour in seatbelt. And if the computer will register it? thanks.

well i bought a second handie, put it in, and the light still flashes... the belt was all fine, no nicks n tears good tension, the gas thingo inside still hadnt gone off so should be fine, so i guess i will have to send it to a auto electrician?
Am i able to manually reset the computer so that mayb it will pick up this new belt? ive been told the disconnect the battery for 15 minutes or so, or disconnect the main battery fuse which should reset it properly, or is it worth spending a few dollars at a auto sparky? cheers.

Resetting may help, there is a reset procedure on the forum somewhere, you will have to search for it.

Latest posts

Back