New tyres

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Navara09

Reaction score
Hey guys i am looking at replacing my tyres on my d22 nav soon and was just wondering what would be a good tyre to replace the orignal one with. I need a tyre that i will get a lot of Km's out off but also good off road. any help would be much appreciated.

i've got BFG all terrains on my nav ... seems to be working good for me atm - but only done 22,000k's so far out of a hopeful 100,000k's

alot of ppl have personal opinions on tires...for me its either a Mickey T or Cooper but ive heard alot on bfgs...im still on first set of tires so cant really say which are my opinion... ill be trialing Cooper ST as my next tire

I went the 4 rib Mickey Thompson ATZ, I think it has the most aggressive tread pattern for an AT. 80,000k warranty as well.

If I get 50K's out of any tyres then I'm wrapped. Last set of BFG A/T lasted 30K, Now running BFG KM2's 80% tread left after 5K's. Obviously lots of offroading though. I'll be buying Procomps next.

I run Cooper ST's in everyday driving and I have never had a drama with them.

Good in the wet to.

Dave.

both cooper and mickey thompson have some sort of 60-80000km warranty but therre is a catch to keeping the warranty intact... i think u have to take ur car in to a dealer to get ur car wheel aligned ever 10000kms? correct me if im wrong

Cepeks.
80k guarantee means that tyres to be rotated every 10k plus wheel alignment.
Mine have done 25k and not had that done - they only pay a pro rata rebate anyway.
At least another 40k to go on them. Have not worn nearly as badly as the OEM tyres.

BFGs here. i have had mine on now for about 5 weeks. when i was shopping around they were the tyre everyone compared others to & most recommended them over Coopers or Mickey's. the 4 rib ATZs do look sweet though. Jason has them and had no probs climbing Telecom Hill @ LCMP here - The Navara Forum - Videos - Jason on Telecom Hill - so they must be good too. still i don't regret getting the BFGs one bit. you can see a pic of mine in my garage.

I hear good things about the cooper AT's. My cousin has them on his d22 and loves them. They give you a bit of extra height too. My ute has only done 27k on the stock tyres and they are starting to wear a bit now. Cooper's will be my next tyre

In same dilema at moment..
Choosing between Mickey T atz 4 ribs or hankook dynapro atm rf10's....
choices .... choices....

I hear good things about the cooper AT's. My cousin has them on his d22 and loves them. They give you a bit of extra height too.

you are going to get extra hight regardless of brand if you get larger than standard sizes. check out peoples signatures on here, a lot of us run 265/75s and they will give you an extra 1.7 cm ride hight. check this out - http://www.tntwtw.com/Tire Section Calculator.xls

I bought my d22 allready having 265/75 16 cooper STT's, so i'm unsure of age of tyre but I have driven 18000km on them in 6months with minimal wear. I am considering the ST-C due to amount of hwy driving for road noise and smoother ride. My advice is think about the roads you drive on and how often you venture off road also alignments and balancing through out a tyres life will help it last longer.

Latest posts

Back