Body Lift+ Intercooler+Thermo Fan

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Azza

Reaction score
Hey lads. I've been toying with the idea of putting a slim line thermo fan under the top mounted intercooler. At the moment I can't find a thermo fan thin enough to fit between the cooler and engine but I was thinking a 2'' body lift would do the trick. Once the lift is done I can make new mounts/packing blocks to raise the intercooler back up so it fits snug against the rubber seal on the bonnet. That would give me plenty of room for a fan as I do a lot of stop start driving and dirty hills where the top mount is basicly useless. Other option is to scrap the top mount all together and go with a front mount or water to air set up.

I was thinking just to run the fan on a manual switch so I can turn it on and off as needed. Won't need it doing 110kph on the hwy.

Has anyone done this? What are your thoughts?

Cheers

Well an old thread bumped. I am thinking of this exact thing but only a 1" bodylift. Trying to source a ultra low profile fan but lowest I can get is 30mm so should be doable , but I can't find it anymore :(. Anyone know where I cam get these from?

just bumping this up. i have a 30mm bodylift and im just about to lift the intercooler back up to suit the bonnet again. i have done some measuring and i have enough space on the intercooler for around the 8" thermo fans. low profile around 50mm is what is needed to make it fit underneath the intercooler.

now im stuck as to who makes the best fan. davies craig, spal, few other brands. any recommendations and if you have one how is it going. how noisey is it etc?

im wanting to keep the cooler, i guess cooler on the cape trip. alot of low speed driving on the tele track etc.

any help would be good

Thanks

Latest posts

Back