Reverse light fuse

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grommet

Reaction score
Have an 08 D40. Whilst installing a spottie at the rear I blew the reverse light fuse. Have been searching but cannot for the life of me find the fuse. Searched inside the glove box, under the bonnet but nothing. Help!

I hooked my reversing camera up to the reversing relay under the bonnet. It's on the passenger side and it's a large-ish oblong shaped box not far from the fire wall and it holds (or has space to hold) 8 large relays.

The reversing relay from memory is the one closest to the firewall on the passenger side of the car. I also think it's got a light blue wire running from it.

Oh yeah also from memory...be careful pulling out the fuses, they don't just pull out you need to use a small screw driver to pry back the clips that hold the fuses in. I think the lid comes off fairly easy but the whole box doesn't feel like it's held in by much and it feels a bit like you'll rip it out if you swing too hard on the fuses when trying to remove them.

here ya go I found a picture of the relay and the fuse box you're looking for in the manual.

reverse_relay.gif

Hi there, I've found the relay for the reversing lights & checked to see if the relay is ok. It seems to be working as I swapped the relay around with the stop signal relay. Funny thing is I still can't find the fault. Is the anything I can check? Is there a fuse hidden anyway somewhere?

There's a fuse box under the bonnet back left hand corner(passenger side), a square box, you may need a blade to prise off the lid, That's where's the brake light fuse is, so I'm guessing the reverse lights are there too.

Hi 08kingcab,
Is the box on the left hand side right up against the firewall with a flat lid or is it the one 'near' the firewall with a walled lid?

Hi 08kingcab,
Is the box on the left hand side right up against the firewall with a flat lid or is it the one 'near' the firewall with a walled lid?

It's square flat lid, It uses different fuses to the cab one's, just to make life difficult.

Well there ya go, if I'd had more experience 4wding I'd have realised that we were talking about two different things. Sorry to lead you on a wild goose chase grommet for some reason fuse got changed to relay in my mind.

Hi all, Problem solved. The fuse was in the box against the firewall [the square one] & not the rectangular one - it was a bugger to get the lid! Again thanks all.
Here's another question, probably a simple answer. [then again I'm a simple person] - In what cases does one use a relay? What does a relay do? Do you utilise one when you need to draw more power to the equipment you want to add.

Hi all, Problem solved. The fuse was in the box against the firewall [the square one] & not the rectangular one - it was a bugger to get the lid! Again thanks all.
Here's another question, probably a simple answer. [then again I'm a simple person] - In what cases does one use a relay? What does a relay do? Do you utilise one when you need to draw more power to the equipment you want to add.

It's basically a switch. It uses a small current, to turn on a larger current.
Check out wikipedia it should have a good explanation.

Spotlights are a good example, using a small current, supplied by the high beam switch, to drive a relay to provide high current to the lights. You wouldn't want to run those heavy duty cables in to the cab, and a normal 12V switch would probably melt.

Funny thing that this was the top post as i logged in this morning ... whilst 4wd'ing on the weekend my revserse lights STAYED ON (opposite problem to original post) so i had to pull over and remove the 10 amp fuse from the fuse box located in engine bay in front of the passanger side.

At least i'd found this box about 4 weeks ago when i blew a fuse to my right high beam lamp - after a call to nissan to tell me where the confounded fuses were hidden.

I have now booked the Nav in for its first warrantee service - so they can fix the the LIGHTS ON issue. They are so busy, i cant get the car in until next week monday.

Funny thing that this was the top post as i logged in this morning ... whilst 4wd'ing on the weekend my revserse lights STAYED ON (opposite problem to original post) so i had to pull over and remove the 10 amp fuse from the fuse box located in engine bay in front of the passanger side.

At least i'd found this box about 4 weeks ago when i blew a fuse to my right high beam lamp - after a call to nissan to tell me where the confounded fuses were hidden.

I have now booked the Nav in for its first warrantee service - so they can fix the the LIGHTS ON issue. They are so busy, i cant get the car in until next week monday.

Probably just the reverse switch, but who know's with all the damn electronics on these trucks these days, could be the BCM, worst case scenario.

The Reverse switch is my thoughts too - be buggered if i'm gonna find and fix it though since the car is under warrantee. I'll let my friendly nissan dealer do the hard work for me, and should not cost me anything.

I'm just being lazy this time - i'm sure i can fix it IF i wanted too.

Latest posts

Back