Nightshift thread

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Luke Ellis

Reaction score
Any of you blokes do nightshift/ shiftwork like i do and if so what do you do?
Im a wharfie and do shiftwork which consists of a fair bit of nightshift work. Thought id start this thread as im sitting at a desk bored out of my mind :boring: Thank god for the internet:big_smile:

Luke

I usually work arvo's/night as it cuts the traffic down and I dont get held up as much by other com's guys.

I can work when I want though so I choose to.

Dave.

Hi Fella's

I do the same fixing aircraft for the flying kangaroo.Have been diong shift work for about 25 years

Shane :big_smile:

25 years shaggy? wow, iv been doing it for 12 and im starting to fade.
Iv read reports that state shiftwork takes 10 years off your life, bit of a worry when i think about it :sad:
but iv got to say, shift work does comes with some advantages :big_smile:

Bread delivery 10 years 10pm to 10am up to 600ks a night and up to 40 calls both deliver fresh and collect returns 6 days a week. Then working for myself during the day. Now days I barely work, night shift is good while you can do it but I made the best of the time and now I don't have to stress about money or working 9-5.

Night shift

G'day guys im night shift to. qantas security control melb airport. What a great job watch fox all night cheers. 12 hour shifts.

Train driver here, carting grain all over Vic. Do some ordinary shift work And rest jobs. Get plenty of days off during the week to drive around and have places all to myself though

I’m in the mining game. 12hr shifts on a 4-5-5-4 roster days and nights, at Olympic Dam for over 8 yrs now.
About 3hrs from were I live in the Flinders, a bit of stress on the wife and kids being away… but got to pay the bills.

Yep I do 2 days 2 nights 4 days off too. Im a Mechanical Fitter at an iron ore port in WA. 12hr shifts. They are talking bout maybe changing us to 3 days 3 nights 6 off. Bring it on!!!

Hey guys fox is good ! syd do have fox but security there dont have access to it. dont no about you boys im guessing you are in maintance our boys have fox here.Security is paramount her in melb like every other state but its a shame we dont have the back up to carry it out so we can only do so much. I know myslef its a joke.

Back