Sea Shepherd

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whale wars is like "worlds deadliest catch" but its HEAPS more exiting. Its about Sea Shepherd"s annual campaign against the Japanese whaling fleet in the ant-arctic. I D/L it from EZTV but this season isn't showing up there so I get it from ISO HUNT. It airs each Friday on "animal planet in the US.

Extremist greenies trying to force their ideologies onto others!! I'm all for saving the whales and what not but these guys just turn me off!

And here's me thinking it was mud-wrasslin' with some 250Kg babes in bikinis.

Oh where has my mind gone ...

If anyone sees my mind somewhere, please admonish it and kick it under a truck. I'm not happy with it.

Extremist greenies trying to force their ideologies onto others!! I'm all for saving the whales and what not but these guys just turn me off!
Does that mean you've watched it or not?

Tony you gotta a one track mind!!

Last edited:
I suppose what I like about it is the sheer action of it. Whether you agree with their ideology or not, watching 2 massive ships playing chicken is pretty cool TV, especially when they only miss by maybe a meter or not at all. This season actually covers the sinking of the Ady Gill "bat boat". Very dangerous, very exiting. I love it.

When you put it like that I guess it does make some pretty good viewing!
So do you reckon the crew of the Ady Gil panicked and hit the juice instead of reverse?

I stood next too, (well as close as we were allowed to get) the Oceanic Viking at Freo docks in January and that is one massive chunk of steel, the damn thing dwarf'ed every ship in the channel.

I don't take much notice of the whole whaling issue but I seem to remember OV and SS have played together a bit out in the ocean, don't know whether it makes any appearances in the show though.

I have some whale oil, great rust inhibitor.

I've only got common old fish oil, buggered if I'm going to try and extract oil from a whale, fishes are much smaller, and the way some fish and chip shops cook them extracting the oil is heaps easier.

When you put it like that I guess it does make some pretty good viewing!
So do you reckon the crew of the Ady Gil panicked and hit the juice instead of reverse?
After watching it on the show, the fact is they were out of fuel. The Bob Barker had to leave them behind so as not to lose the factory ship cos its top speed is the same as the Bob barkers. The Ady Gill - with only 5 hours fuel remaining-was going to have to wait there 3 days for the Steve Irwin to give them more fuel. Anyway the Ady Gill drew alongside the Bob Barker to wave goodbye and the crew was sitting on the top of the deck laughing as the a couple of harpoon boats went by about 10 meters away with their LRAD going full bore. Meanwhile the Nishin Maru 2 (an old harpoon boat that's had it's harpoon replace with multiple water cannons to actively engage and harass the Sea Shepherd boats) came up alongside them and turned hard right and neatly cut 3 meters off their bow and hosed them with the water cannon as they went on. The Japs stoped and hed station about half a k off but the didnot acknowledge multible mayday calls. The Bob barker was about a k away at this stage and had to turn 180 to come back and was the first boat to render aid.
If they hadn't been on the deck lounging someone would have died for sure. I think they tried to just crack them a bit to send them home but they sunk em by mistake.

Latest posts

Back