D40 Snorkels

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sypher

Reaction score
hi all,

I am doing a bit of research on snorkels and found these on ebay. The first is an airflow. I was told that the nissan genuine was an airflow from memory. Is that right?

Snorkel Kit Nissan D40 Navara, R51 Pathfinder - S73 - eBay 4x4 Accessories, Exterior, Car Parts, Accessories, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 28-Aug-10 12:59:29 AEST)

And then there is this one

Snorkel 4x4 4wd Nissan Navara D40 Pathfinder R51 2005on - eBay 4x4 Accessories, Exterior, Car Parts, Accessories, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 24-Aug-10 20:50:23 AEST)

Is there much of a difference to these and a safari etc? Anybody have either of these and have any advice?

Are they hard to install?

Thanks Shaun

G'day sypher, i too was looking at the 2nd snorkel from ebay, very tempted to buy but im worried about the quality of them...

The first one is not an Airtec at all. The genuine Nissan snorkel is made by Airtec and badged by Nissan. Have a look at mine next Saturday, Shaun, or take a peek in my garage, there are a couple of pics that show it closely following the line up the 'A' pillar.

The second one you've shown is a bit like a Safari. I don't like them, personally, they step away from the line of the vehicle and just seem out-of-place. Many swear by them though.

The big issues with cheaper snorkels is the material they're made of and whether they'll seal up properly. If the plastic deteriorates under sunlight like many plastics do, it could harden and crack in the wrong places, and the next time you go wading in a creek will be the last.

I believe this is one area where I'm happy that I paid the few dollars extra to get mine and have it fitted.

i have the nissan factory one and am very pleased with it. i got it snagged by a branch one day whilst reversing in a very tight track and it was pulled 90degrees to the car. ripped out the top bracket from the pillar. however it all went back into shape and you cant even tell now. just my 2 cents :) goodluck

Thanks for the replies everyone. I will have a look next weekend at yours Tony and hopefull a few others will have them also. Does anybody know how much I am looking at roughly for a genuine fitted?

Thanks Shaun

I got my for 3eee. Had it thrown in as a sweetner, it was fitted by TJM in Dandenong. Then they took the car to the tint professor for the free tinting. Nissan genuine items aren't very genuine!.

Hi SYPHER, I recently bought an airtec for my d22, did a bit of research and found it to be alot smoother inside than safari or airflow, and so thought this would help the flow of air. I paid $720 fitted at my local TJM dealer, it is guaranteed uv resistant so won't shrink, crack, warp or fade.. If if does I will be on their door step....:cheers!:

Last edited:
just be careful with getting nissan (apprentices) to fit them...a few guys on this forum had it tested and there were leaks.

i got a price of $505 for a safari from opp lock in nth melb. dunno if this is a special price though. thats just to buy it no fitting.

Are they hard to fit yourself? I am not mechanically minded, but can build a house! Surely it couldnt be to hard....could it?
Shaun

Latest posts

Back