06/07 nav

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

karl

Reaction score
Aright, today i called up to have my nav booked in for its service since it had its 100000th bday, and yes i took photos!
Passed over my plates on the phone and the guy answers with "07 d22 right" well i explained to him that he was wrong since when i brought it i was told its an 06 model.
He goes on to tell me that because its a november make its classed as an 07 model.
Anyone agree with that? since im a little confused, rego/insurance and so are all down as a 06. Say somthing happend would my insurance be void over such a little thing?
nothing really important just thought id have a little rant.

I should also mention i bought the car from a pretty big nissan dealer in queensland.
Thats why the service guy new my car

you can be sure when you go to trade it in they will say its an 06, every other time they will say 07 to make you feel better. haha.. just check your plate to get build date.

Now there is an unfortunate sequence of posts.

Unless Dave was having a moderator moment, the same as a senior member moment only more bitchy and less knowledgeable (I asked fez for the definition) he's agreeing that karl's post was pointless instead of agreeing with woz which I assume was what he was trying to do.

You'll get a reputation if you're not careful Dave.

As for the original post I also agree with woz, it's an 06 when you trade it in but it will be an 07 when they can charge you more for the servicing and the parts. Same thing goes for the k's at trade in time it's "You've done quite a few k's in it for it's age." But the same salesman will tell a prospective buyer "It's a marvelous car for it's age, don't get many with this few k's on the clock."

If it's insurance your worried about always go off the plate and use the build date because that's where the insurance company will check if they need too.

I could edit your post Krafty if you would like to make me look correct all the time. :happy_smile:

Dave.

you can be sure when you go to trade it in they will say its an 06, every other time they will say 07 to make you feel better. haha.. just check your plate to get build date.

yes the build date label tells all...its on the radiator support.

mine says Nov '08 Build and is an '08 model and regoed as such.

Does the knob that doesn't score well each week get rubbed?
Do rubbed knobs get to return and give it another go next week?
What is the prize for the Top Knob, It's got to be something worthwhile and inviting one can't be expected to risk a rubbing for nothing.

Latest posts

Back