Shocks and torsion bars for ride comfort

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Holty

Reaction score
I have a 2005 STR. It is mainly used on road but it's very stiff in the rear so I am looking to upgrade the suspension with new shocks and torsion bars to hopefully provide a more comfortable ride. Does anyone have any suggestions? From what I have read on the forum the foam cell Bilsteins and OME torsion bars seem to be fairly popular. Would I be able to get away with supply and fit for under $1200?

Thanks

Wow, small world hey? Yeah, my dad is from Longreach, and we're based near Jimboomba, just south of Brissie. Theres a few Wises running around the place, :big_smile:

With the suspension side, I think Zordo has the know how to set up your rig exactly how you want it, and if I remember right it is Jason who had his done by Zordo last year? He will be able to give some more info as well.

My Bilstiens were $750 a few years ago and I think my Torsion bars cost $330 or there abouts.

Dave.

Hmmm I've always wondered wat the standard Nissan springs were rated at. I like the way it rides in the back as standard so was just looking at lifting with maintaining that same rear comfiness. I think the comfort spring is wat I need then. Are the 300kg spring hard??? Does it bounce around a lot or have really quick hard bounces????

Just had a quote of $800 yo supply and fit EFS shocks and bars which I didn't thing was too bad although going to have to rethink the whole thing as had the vehicle serviced and they tell me that the current set up is pretty par for the STR, evev with a couuple of the rear leaves let go. If that's the case I may need to forget the shocks and think about better back support :(

Considered hitting someone up on here for a drive for there Nav that has has the shocks etc changed.

Dave.

Latest posts

Back