30k service- New injectors needed....

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mojo

Reaction score
I guys, seems the only time i post is to whinge, here goes again :)
Just had my 30k service 2 weeks ago, I was asked if there was anything to report. I mentioned black smoke every so often, especially at night, i can see it in mirror. They agreed after service and took a sample of my fuel and said they will call me back.
Got a call today from dealer, need to replace injectors. What worried me was, being told that if they find any fault with the fuel, I would be up for all costs!
What the hell does that mean ?
They have a sample of the fuel, is it not enough ?
Is this just a way out for Nissan ?
I have NEVER filled up with cheapo fuel, but i have used 7Eleven, otherwise it has always been Caltex, PB, etc, the large petrol stations.
I just had another look while parked, it does not seem to blow smoke when revved, but, every so often it does cough up black smoke, lots.
Anyway, waiting for dealer to give me a call tell me that injectors have arrived.

I have decided to buy only Shell Diesel and keep all reciepts. The reason being that if i get landed with a tank of schitte (It does happen) and Nissan present me with an invoice for thousands due to this, Having continual supply with one company greatly increases the likelyhood of a claim being paid. A fuel card is excellent for this too.

Having worked in dealerships where common rails have been subject to fuel contamination, i understand the outrageous costs to repair these fuel systems.

Hopefully you get yours paid for under warranty.

Regards

Greg

I had to get injectors done at 60,000 kms on my d40 and they did it no questions asked. Sounds like you've just come across an arsehole.

black smoke every now and again is normal mate.

just a pointer...theres heaps u can do to prevent bad fuel

eg.
dual fuel filters (pump upgrade required)
go to newer stations
dont fuel when the trucks are refueling the underground tanks

iv got cr diesel with 180000k...waiting for something to go bang ;-(

Good luck mate.

I usually stick to one servo so the chance of a claim is easier.

Let us know how you go.

Dave.

Thats what I thought, maybe my dealer just wants some work. Not sure what to do, might as well get new injectors, hopefully I won't have to pay for it.

black smoke every now and again is normal mate.

;-(

30k on your truck and its not under warranty??? I be hitting them up for it and if they want to do the work for free, great!!!

even if under warranty the asshole would probably say its 'user damage' by using bad quality fuel. that or they'll say sort it out with the fuel station you took it to...

problem is who knows how long they've been stuffed for? could of been getting worse over time from tanks ages ago.

nissan have lost the plot, never buying anything from them again.

its just like my top mount intercooler; on a camping trip i got overtaken on a gravel road and heaps and heaps of gravel got thrown onto me as the idiot was in a v8 and just spun the tyres, drifted, whateva. few paint scratches on the bonnet and i found a crack in the intercooler from it. nissan said i'd have to pay for it. WTF!? its not my fault it got cracked because its a crappy design flaw and doesnt have a mesh guard like the new LCruiser top mount.

EDIT: by the way, its $1690 for a new top mount from nizzbits, imagine nissans price!

$1690 for a intercooler. Stuff that.

Get your intercooler recored and put a guard on it.

Dave.

Latest posts

Back