Mod suggestions.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Josh5

Reaction score
What suggestions do you guys have to do too a 2006 d22?

What spotties would you suggest?

Is it worth getting a turbo timer?

Just dont know where to start :S

I have a Greddy turbo timer and Narva ultima 225's converted to HID on my Nav.

Dave.

Dave, is the turbo timer hard to install yourself? and whats the rough cost on it?

I think it cost me $120, I payed the auto sparkie to install it.

But can grab wiring colours if you need.

Dave.

I've got a turbo timer and haven't fitted it. i don't see the need. if you are driving it hard enough to need the timer, you can just putter for the last minute or so.

spotties... this is going to depend on your budget. but the Narva 225's Dave has are a damn good light. otherwise look at something like Lightforce 240 range.

where to start??? check peoples signature to get ideas. also look up the EGR & Butterfly mod too.

egr mod http://www.navara.asia/d22-engine/64-3-0-litre-egr-butterfly-swirl-mod.html

the HID are High Intensity Discharge or Xenon Gas Discharge, they are a gas filled globe that uses a ballast to ignite the gas using about 35,000volts. They run extremely bright and much closer to the brightness / colour of the sun, about 8,000 kelvin from memory.

HID & XGD type will cost you more, they use the same housing and reflector of the non HID type so you still get a damn good lens & reflector but less cost to get them on the front of your truck. both types are awesome.

Josh
I recomend grabbing the 225's myself. they are pretty good and where I got them they were a great price at under $300 a pair. where abouts are u located?
EGR is a piece of cake to do. all u need to get hold of is a bit of plate around 2mm thick and if u can use a grinder to cut it to shape then you'll be fine. just follow the pics on the link above. I put a drawing up in there that shows how the hoses should go.

harri3e, im in perth. Which ones would u say in the 225 range, as there is a few different ones. Im thinking one pencil and one spreader.

But then you have the blue lap kit, the normal white kit, then the H.I.D kit. Which one in those 3?

Get a snorkel. 1st thing i did and made a difference in fuel economy and a little bit of difference in the power.

harri3e, im in perth. Which ones would u say in the 225 range, as there is a few different ones. Im thinking one pencil and one spreader.

But then you have the blue lap kit, the normal white kit, then the H.I.D kit. Which one in those 3?

hey mate..
i just bought the blue 225's... the kit comes with 1 spreader & 1 flood, wiring loom, etc.. for around $330

Driving lights are a bit of a personal choice and depend on your type of driving. I do a fair bit of highway driving and find the Night Stalker 170s fine.. they are somewhat cheap and nasty compared to the Narvas and Lightforce but do what I want them to do. If you want to scorch the eyes out of roos and possums from a km away the HiD Lightforce are the way to go ;) The EGR and butterfly mod is a must. If you want to get expensive you could consider a 3inch exhaust... Beaudesert are one of, if not, the best... a DP chip... I've even found that fitting a snorkel has made a difference...

I drive on roads that quiet often have kangeroos and wombats thats why I got the 225's and the HID kit and HID'd the headlights.

Still hit 2 roos since but have also missed plenty.

Dave.

Latest posts

Back