Underbody guards - TJM or Brown Davis?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

todd262

Reaction score
I have a D40 Navara and want to fit some underbody guards but dont know which way to go.
TJM and Brown Davis both make some for my truck but I have no idea which is better or if there is a difference?
The Brown Davis guard has vent holes at the front to allow better airflow up to the radiator and intercooler. Other than that the only difference appears to be the design.
Both are black powder coated now also.
Any suggestions or any experiences with these guards/brands?

Cheers,

Gday Todd,there is a thread with a bit of info here
http://www.navara.asia/navara-d40/68-bash-plates.html

The standard coke can thick Nissan front plate doesn't have vents in it so i didn't think it was an issue when i bought the TJM plates.I haven't noticed any difference in the temp guage since fitting them.They have taken a few hits and only scratch,they seem tough.The Browndavis look good but are a bit too expensive for me.

i have a brown davis on my d22 and it took a big beating up the cape and at landcruiser park and it was wicked, couple of scratch marks but it was good and cheaper.

Cheaper?hmmm,dunno, i priced the B/D front guard for my D40 $350.00.
After i picked myself up off the floor i hung the phone up without asking about the transmission guard.I doubt it would be cheaper than $110.00.
I got the tjm front and transmission guards for $460.00.
A big difference between the TJM and B/D front guards is the B/D will cover the front of your vehilcle and your sump,whereas the TJM only covers the front.You have to get the transmission guard as well for sump protection.
That didn't bother me really because i wanted both guards anyway.

yeah for the d22 i was quoted $550 for the tjm guard's. $275 each
where it was $350 for brown davis and it cover's the diff, engine sump and half the transmission. so i thought it was a better option

I ordered mine through ARB at Capalaba in Brisbane...Dean or John. Quoted me $710 for front/sump guard and rear gb/transfer case guard incl fitting...$85 less without fitting.
Apparently BD did the final fit of the rear gb/transfer case on the D40 last friday morning, so its now in production again...David Brown's words.

Cheers,

Extreme Limits Offroad | 4x4 Accessories | Off Road Equipment | 4wd Accessories
there who i got mine from

i think this is a better option myself, this is what i have on my d22.
Underguard - Navara D40

Kickars2 - the link you posted for the D40 guard is actually the Brown Davis Guard...$409 is the standard price for the front/sump guard. Its $220 or so for the gearbox/transfer case guard.

Plus $710 was a fitted price, only $625 if i fit myself.

I did look at the other kit on extremelimits site but it just doesnt look as good as the BD ones...and the cost on only $37 difference...doesnt tell u how thick they are either.

EDS Fabrications also make some in BNE, and their prices are reasonable, but theirs are only 2.5mm thick, as opposed to 3mm for TJM or BD, and BD comes powdercoated as well as treated.

Cheers,

Latest posts

Back