Which brake pads to buy?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

F6 381

Reaction score
Navara needs the front rotors skimmed and she has 76 thou on the clock so rather than skim the disc's i'll buy some new Street Series slotted rotors from DBA part numbers DBA629SL & DBA629SR at $198.00 each.

Does anybody know what is a good brake pad to use? I'm thinking Bendix
4WD EPR Xtreme Strength front pad.

Looking for low dust and no brake squeal and these pads should do that i'm told so just after anybody who has used these pads or a better pad that is out there and suited to these rotors.

Car is 06 D22 STR 3.0L

If you really want Bendix I have a set here that I put on for 10,000km's and then took them out and put standard pads back in.

I hated them, they got awful shuddering and no feel at all.

I will be sticking with standard pads in future.

My first set lasted to 160,000km's.

Dave.

Bloody oath, plus mainly night driving to so you aren't braking every 3 seconds like day time driving.

Dave.

Dave

That's why i asked the question about which pads to buy as i don't want noise, too much dust or shuddering. Maybe with the new rotors OME pads will be ok and i'll check this out when i get home from work in 3 weeks time.

Always pays to surf the forum and check for info and ask the guys and girls on the forum before forking out the cash.

I try to use the gears to assist with braking as much as possible when driving around so the genuine parts last as long as possible as OME parts from Nissan are not cheap at times.

Dave how much did the new pads cost you?

Cheers
Neil

Na thats cool, I wasn't having a go at you. Sorry if it came across that way.

Bendix cost me around $130 I think it was and the genuine Nissan pads were about the same from memory, I got them through Gary aka Nizzbits.

Bloody good to deal with Gary, doesn't matter what info your after nothing is ever a drama.

Dave.

Na thats cool, I wasn't having a go at you. Sorry if it came across that way.

Bendix cost me around $130 I think it was and the genuine Nissan pads were about the same from memory, I got them through Gary aka Nizzbits.

Bloody good to deal with Gary, doesn't matter what info your after nothing is ever a drama.

Dave.

Dave

No worries mate i didn't take offence to anything you said. Has Gary got an email so i can ask him if getting these better front rotors is a good thing to do or is putting new OME rotors on going to give me the same braking power as the DBA upgraded one's.

One would think better rotor's & pads = better braking

Id hate to ask about the price of genuine rotors.

DBA rotors are fine, the pads make the difference.

PM Nizzbits on here.

Dave.

I try to use the gears to assist with braking as much as possible when driving around so the genuine parts last as long as possible as OME parts from Nissan are not cheap at times.

I'm interested to hear other opinions on using gears to slow down. I'm pretty much against this practice, IMO it puts unnecessary strain on the clutch, gearbox and engine, (they cost more to replace than rotors and pads).
I have always used the brakes to slow down to the desired speed, then change down, if necessary to the appropriate gear to match the revs and road speed accordingly.

thoughts?

Most of my driving is night driving so I back off the throttle and then drop back to 4th at 80km/h and down to 3rd at 60km/h and so on.

Dave.

I'm with Dave mine has done 150 000kms. Pads still got loads of meat left rotors not groovy or lipped. Got to go OME pads love them just not the price. As for wear and tear on drive train just change and use good oils you'll be fine.

Back