LED Driving Lights

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like a good idea but I cant see the light been thrown out like the HID lights with the bigger reflectors.

Dave.

Gee that is a stupid position to mount them lights under the windscreen all the reflection of the bonnet.:hahaha::hmmmm:

Last edited:
I'm not seeing a comparo on the website of them lighting a road versus some traditional driving lights. The garage door comparo is rubbish, doesn't tell you about range.

Click onto the xtreme lights in there product range and there is a better inducation of how good the lights are and sizes to fit all 4WD's

On the FAQ section
zmx-litestorm-beam.png

ls72ds-compare.jpg

12%20low.png

Last edited:
Click onto the xtreme lights in there product range and there is a better inducation of how good the lights are and sizes to fit all 4WD's

Cheers for that. They look alright. Can't wait till the price comes down from $1000

I've seen them in use a couple of times, they definitely shit all over halogens and HID, I didn't think there was any conceivable way they could work but bugger me they do.
I'm waiting to find a chinese copy & i'll have some for sure.
Saw them at tough trucks, think it was snake racing that had them, one big bar across the roof for about $2500 I think, when it drove to the mud rats section at night the place was lit up by what looked like a permanent camera flash, very impressive.

LED technology is coming along quite well. It's now at the point where we are using them in commercial fitouts in place of metal halide and fluorescent fittings. I've seen the light that a 30 watt LED downlight puts out, I have no doubt that a 36-120watt LED vehicle light would be very, very bright.

justdrinkbeer, in fact almost all LED's are manufactured in China or Korea. The difference in price and in quality is by the type of LED used. Another very important factor is the electronics that back it up (power supply, filtering, constant current etc), and the type of reflector used. You really do get what you pay for, we have been burnt by some cheap shit before.

Sweet real world pics.
Was there any reason you went with Rigid Industries instead of the other brands ?

Haha Classic,
No not really Aussie The only real reason I guess was that I got them through Snake Racing! When I say them I also picked up a pair of their Dually's for reverse/rear tub lighting

Matt

Regards how bright they may be. I have started playing around with LED downlights at home to see if they are any good. The ones I am currently looking at use 3 X 1W CREE LEDs per housing so about 3W power dissipation and they throw about the same light I reckon as a 25W low voltage halogen.

There are now 3W single LEDs around and the LS36 is supposed to be 36W with 12 LEDs. I reckon they are using 3W CREE or similar diodes in them.

Watching this space, might be interested in some myself down the track.

With the LED downlights, currently they are super expensive (Around $40 each if you buy a heap) so it is a pretty costly retrofit but a mate just had his kitchen redone with 18 of them and all up it is around 60W to really light the room up. The ones he is using run from 12VAC or 6-24VDC so he is thinking about geting a solar panel to run them full time during the day as the room is a bit dim. Hopefully they will drop in price too then I might be fitting literally a hundred or so at home and re lamping most of the house.

Hey Aaron yeah their bloody awesome seriously! When I have just the IPF HID's on then put the bar on you can't tell that you have the HID's on at all there seriously that good!!

If I hadchecked your site first I wodhave got them from you!! Snake took 3 and a half weeks to deliver them to Perth!! But the main thing was that they got here in one piece!!

Cheers
Matt

Latest posts

Back