Shock absorbers

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D22 King

Reaction score
has any1 had and experience with EFS shock absorbers? They have a good review, but looking for somebody who has had previous evperience with them

yeah i have efs elite shocks on my navara.
there going on 3 year's old, last a trip to cape york, and still haven't had a problm with them.
up the cape there was a guy with a navara that had old man emu shocks and they were 4 weeks old and totally destroyed. so it's a good buy, and they have the best warrenty out of all the brands.

I've been talking with a supplier about getting some Boss adjustable shockers for the front of the D22 Navara, hopefully in a few weeks they should be available, but I've heard that before from suppliers, I want to replace the front shocks on mine but not sure what to go with and I'm thinking an adjustable shock will be the go so I can tune the damping myself rather than relying on what someone else decides is good.

Hi there,

I have just finished installing a 2 inch lift from EFS Elite. Only travelled 200 kms so far but am extremely happy with the improvements over the stock gear. Kit consisted of four shocks, leafs with greasable shackles and pins, and torsion bars.

So far could not be happier!!

Hope this helps!

Just wondering how much these EFS kits set you guys back,
(dec0guy & fourwheeldrivenavara) thinking of getting one installed on my 2008 Navara?

My EFS Elite kit-(4x shocks, 2x leafs, 2x torsion bars, 2x greasable shackles and all necessary bushes) cost me about $1,200. It does not come with Shackle Pins, and I have posted about the trouble I had getting the stock pins out, so I bought ironman greasable pins for $80.

So far can't rave enough about the kit or the service i got from Kulkyne Kampers who supplied me the kit. (www.kampers.com.au)

Cheers

EFS is quality gear.
Another brand to consider is Bluemax .
Bluemax & EFS leaves come from the same factory
Cheers

I've been talking with a supplier about getting some Boss adjustable shockers for the front of the D22 Navara, hopefully in a few weeks they should be available, but I've heard that before from suppliers, I want to replace the front shocks on mine but not sure what to go with and I'm thinking an adjustable shock will be the go so I can tune the damping myself rather than relying on what someone else decides is good.

Those Boss adjustables look pretty good. I'm guessing the rear shocks are already available since it is an ordinary solid axle rear?

Hi im clinton i have a 2006 str and have a fair bit of gear bolted to it and truck is built up for outback traveling and generaly 4wd trips like high country ect. I have run old man emu shocks and been very disapointed. I currently run tough dog foam cells and i am more then hapy with ride quality in damping rate on the road.

However my last outback run both failed and where leaking and stuffed. The navara,s have very small shocks on the front and i have had alot of trouble trying to control the front end. A steel bar and rails and a winch does not help on these vechiles .

I am considering trying koni,s or bilsteins. Dave str would u have any feedback on your bilsteins?

Any body run koni,s?

clinton

Hey Clinton.

I drive on shithouse roads pretty often from roads that have no tar left from the original construction, just filled hotholes made. Often enough I see gravel roads that turn to shit when it rain's.

General driving the shocks are brilliant, in the wet if you wanna get the rear end to hang out you have try. That would be a percentage of tyres but I think the shocks are the main factor.

When I was running the factory shocks and the Cooper ST's the rear use to kick out in third gear going straight through a round about.

Changed the shocks and the rear became way more controlled, would kick out on the odd here and there. The ST's weren't the best wet weather tyre.

With the MTZ's and the Bilstiens the rear in the wet is well under control, if you want it to go sideways out a roundabout you have to flick the steering wheel. Otherwise it wont do it.

The front end is also well under control, way less brake lock up in the wet.

A D22 will never be as comfortable as a D40 in general, I was driving a D40 about 6 months ago on a gravel road and a mate says how fast we going. I said 80km/h I think, looked at the speedo and we were doing 120km/h. I said !@#$ and dropped back to 80km/h, thing felt like I was doing 80km/h at 120km/h.

On the highway I can sit on 130km/h overtaking and it feels very stable, been faster and didn't feel overly dangerous.

Dont know where Church Point is, I am near newcastle. If your not that far away Ill take you for a spin if you want. If you wanna know more sing out.

Dave.

With the Koni's, Truckster (Bruce) on Patrol4x4.com is running Koni's and cant say a bad word about them.

He is Bogged on outerlimits, the guy with 38,000 plus posts.

Dave.

'Looks like some good info in here, the JesMobile needs some new shockers, and its looks like Bilsteins are the go, or EFS, or Tough Dog.

Which ones though ?

Last edited:
Dont go oldman emu, i used to sell the stuff when we lifted D22's for the gas and mine mobs, had nearly every one back a month or two later rooted, we actually ended up putting standard shocks back in with the 2" lift. ...which is what im running at the moment with mine, but am looking at upgrading. prob stick with EFS or Tuff Dog, be carefull though, alot of stuff is made by the same manufacturer, like monroe, and just rebadged. I'm prob going to go with ironman, because we're the agent for them amongst others at work and they are good value for money and pretty good follow up service, but mainly because they are cheap :) and easier to get past the wife :) lol. But we havent had any dramas with them yet, and im running the ironman torsion bars and lifted leafs, and giving them a caining with no probs, done prob 7000k so far.

If any of you guys want I can get pretty good prices on all that stuff if you want, EfS Tough Dog Pedders and Iron Man.

I'm running Lovells and have been giving them a bit of a hard time lately, so far very good. I had read good reviews about them before I parted with the cash and can honestly say they're good value for my money. I put longer shocks on the rear end so not to limit any travel.

Brad

i am running rancho rs9000 in the rear and rancho rsx shocks in the front and i reckon they are awesome they have been in for about 25000 km and no probs at all they are so much better than standards but has anyone else got ranchos so far by everything ive read im the only one do people not like rancho or am i missing something

Besides longevity, what are you all basing your assessment of your shock absorbers on? What's your performance indicator?

Back