HID headlight conversions

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bretto4

Reaction score
Hi guys, ive just Picked up my 2010 ST D40 and was wondering if anyone knows if you can get either a HID headlight replacment or a HID conversion to suit?? ive found a few sites offering conversion kits but nothing specific for the st nissan? also are the spanish and Thai made vehicles identical for after market parts??
im also in new zealand so after market parts are almost non existant here!
your help would be great

Aftermarket complete headlights are usually aimed for LHD trucks as in for Frontiers but some are semi neutral so should be ok.
installing HID direct into stock headlights will be possibly illegal

Welcome to the forum, Bretto!

Wait for Tweake to show up, who'd have a fair idea.

In Australia, you must have auto-leveling headlights in order to fit HID if you want to keep the vehicle roadworthy. You must also have a shield in front of the globe, so that only reflected light shines forward, and not direct light from the globe itself.

However - and this applies in both countries - if you're being reasonable with the lights and not trying to annoy others, law enforcement would have little reason to harass you over it.

Those LED lights look bloody swish, I must say. I wonder what the beam is like at night?

The kit should be $320 or so plus shipping. I could go for that myself, they look rather unique.

One problem with them - they don't use the electric manual headlight adjuster. That might be an issue for some, depends on how they spread the light. I'd be interested to see them in action!

yeah i do like them but they are from the uk so my concern is that nissan (being full of bright sparks) have made the headlights slightly different in the spanish built and the thai built so that they wouldnt fit. any one know if they will be the same?

As far as I'm aware, the UK Navara is a Spanish build. After all, Spain isn't far away, and you can road-freight 'em all the way to London.

If anyone's here from London, can you verify that your vehicle's identification number starts with "VS"?

Those LED lights look bloody swish, I must say. I wonder what the beam is like at night?

The kit should be $320 or so plus shipping. I could go for that myself, they look rather unique.

One problem with them - they don't use the electric manual headlight adjuster. That might be an issue for some, depends on how they spread the light. I'd be interested to see them in action!

I bought 3 sets from WINSUN over EBAY for $109 a set delivered.
The kit includes everything u need,and are simple to install.
Fitted mine without any dramas,and u get a choice of which power/colour globes u want.
I got 6000K as they are recommended for australian conditions.
If u want to look them up,type in this item number...190340656708 and they should come up..:rock:

I bought 3 sets from WINSUN over EBAY for $109 a set delivered.
The kit includes everything u need,and are simple to install.
Fitted mine without any dramas,and u get a choice of which power/colour globes u want.
I got 6000K as they are recommended for australian conditions.
If u want to look them up,type in this item number...190340656708 and they should come up..:rock:

That's very cheap, good find! What are they like at night compared to standard headlights?

Hi Old.Tony,
I only just came back from testing them,and they are awesome.
So crisp,a very WHITE light,the park lights now seem like candle powered compared to these.
Next im getting a conversion from the same seller for my bosch spotlights.They should light up WHITE for over a km,no problems...
If you want a set get them from where i got them,highly recommended seller...

Mars Performance sell full replacement headlamps with the projector lens. They are based in melbourne

Latest posts

Back