Quick day trip to the snow

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WoodyD40

Reaction score
Did a quick trip up to the snow yesterday, total 6 vehicles. The trip leader (bob) got stuck, then got out of his car ....

P8280112.jpg

I was 2nd in line, and had to drag him back with the Navara ....

Lucky me.

Here are some other photos of the day .....

P8280110.jpg

P8280109.jpg

P8280103.jpg

i still have a hard time believing that we get this much snow in australia.

Its good, but it used to be better and so did the rainfall, but it looks like its going back they way it used to be (praying) i hope.

Lake Eildon is up at 40%, doulbling its capacity since April this year and still has huge infill at the moment and still have the snows to melt.
The lake can be seen at Bonnie Doon now..F_ckin great.
Last time I was on the lake the level was about 1 mtr under the Bonnie Doon Bridge.
Long way to go still but its looking great.:dancing::dancing:

Great pics!

Good to see something different than the usual mud and dust. I'm super jealous, I think I'll have to pull my finger out and get my truck into some of that action!.

Its good, but it used to be better and so did the rainfall, but it looks like its going back they way it used to be (praying) i hope.

Lake Eildon is up at 40%, doulbling its capacity since April this year and still has huge infill at the moment and still have the snows to melt.
The lake can be seen at Bonnie Doon now..F_ckin great.
Last time I was on the lake the level was about 1 mtr under the Bonnie Doon Bridge.
Long way to go still but its looking great.:dancing::dancing:

I couldn't believe the amount of water at Bonnie Doon either.I went up through
over xmas and there still wasn't any water and lake Nillacootie was right down and when we went past there the other day lake Nillacootie was chockers

Good pics mate. Just a tip though, if your pulling some out when there stuck pull them from the back of the Nav. Its easier on the driveline.

Heard of a few 80 series destroying front diffs doing that.

Oh and great pics.

Dave.

Good pics mate. Just a tip though, if your pulling some out when there stuck pull them from the back of the Nav. Its easier on the driveline.

Heard of a few 80 series destroying front diffs doing that.

Oh and great pics.

Dave.

What's the theory behind that? pardon the pun.

looks like a great trip, where were you?

Started out from Marysville, and then found tracks that circumnavigate Lake Mountain resort

Dave, i would have liked to do so - but not enough room to turn around, and i had 4 cars behind me.

Funny thing though, about 10 minutes later it was me that nearly had to be pulled out by the patrol ... i was a persistant bugger and kept jockying the car back and forward and then just gunned it. I was stuck crossing some trees that had fallen over track - we had cleared the main obsticals that we could see, and had left the ones buried inthe snow - and thats what i got stuck on. I was a gentleman, and cleared the worst one after i got over it so the others had NO problems.

So, i've had the Navara nearly 12 months, pulled a old 80 series landcruiser out of the sand last xmas, now pulled a patrol out of the snow - and so far have not been stuck myself (touch wood).

Back