Licola and surrounding areas 21/3/09

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

STUTE

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Went for the weekend up to Licola and had some drives around the area.
We have an Onsite Van in Heyfield and go over there quite often.

Pretty basic driving, some hairy bits with cliffs and unstable rocky edges.
Big burms, would be creek crossings, nothing over a couple of feet, if there was any water around. After snow season finishes there should be water in the area however, not for a long time seeing were in March.
The only problems I had were my departure angle, as cut some of the humps in two with my tow bar and I lost a Mud Flap.
Other than that it was a good day, no dammage thank Christ and we go home safe.

Will be going up there again with a friend in his D40 over Easter so I will post some more photos then.

(The mud was from Lake Glen Maggie, not the tracks. We decide to have a rip around the lake when we finnshed the day and found ourselves stuck in a few sloppy bits.)

Thanks for taking a look and if you can let me know how to post photos in this section that would be Ultra Handy. lol

Stuart

Attachments

• 22032009096.jpg
    22032009096.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 90
Looks good mate, I should have some good pics but I always forget the camera on my trips.

Got anymore pics.

Dave.

Yeah ive got a few, but i had to take them with my phone so the were a pain to take.

Ive put most of them on my profile photos, i forgot my camera aswell.

I will put more up when I got over at Easter.

Was a great weekend though, on our way up we went through Caligni (Where the fires started) in Gippsland. Untill you see the devistation and size of the area that was burnt, you just cant appriciate it from you lounge room. It was amazing. I now know how hard it must have been to put the things out and why we had such difficutly getting to the areas affected.

I attatched one photo of a look out where they were. Burnt as far as the eye can see. This is all Gum platations aswell.

Stuart

Attachments

• 21032009070.jpg
    21032009070.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 72
I attatched one photo of a look out where they were. Burnt as far as the eye can see. This is all Gum platations aswell.

Stuart

I know this is an oldish thread but I used to live not far from where the photo above was taken, probably not a lot of interest to some people but I can relate to what your saying STUTE just after the fires there was nothing but black sticks poking up from the ground and valley's you could once not see through all of a sudden looked vacant.
The Callignee fires took out 2 houses in the street where I grew up and if memory serves me correctly is several kms to the right of the path/track you can see near the middle of the image
On the upside there is still plenty of bush tracks up that way that only the die hard bushies know which can provide some fun and with regrowth happening now there is even greenery growing all around

Back