bordertrack weekend

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Firestorm

Reaction score
heres a few snippets of our 6 car convoy to bordertrack. starting pinnaro, camping the night in the camp spot everyone was at LOL, then continuing and coming out and having a good feed in keith. there were 3 navs (us the orange one), then 2 black ones, a patrol, triton and a beast of a hilux. one of our mates navs nearly got drowned as we were entering the bordertrack as u can see in the piccies. but thankfully after sussing some bits out, it ran again fine and continued on. just with an added pond. at the end of the track, the other black nav didnt learn from the first ones error and that nearly got drowned too! but wasnt as deep as the first one so was an easier fix.
was a great weekend!

convoy2.jpg

goose1.jpg

diving.jpg

BorderTrackAug2010037.jpg

the nav performed famously! as did the other 2!! the hilux is always great, only ever seen that bogged once at the owners own property! and the patrol was alright too. triton was good but had some overheating issues on the way home. after mud was cleaned out the radiator too. but its not a bad bus either. ours now has an oil leak which we think is the sump gasket but not sure how we managed that!
afterwards all cars got a well deserved wash

thanks :) LOL yes, he had a pond in his gearstick boot haha. and the water ran out really fast when doors opened. the seats were also soaked so rest of trip he sat on a water proof jacket, had no shoes, and borrowed someones trackies. waterlogged beef patties were also delicious.
the 2nd drowing in the other nav, i didnt get photos off, but he had a wet floor, but not so bad as that one.

Good pics mate.

Looks like a good trip, however you will get sick of mud soon as it wrecked seels and alternators.

Dave.

they are excellent snaps mate. i cant wait to do that trip. thanks for posting them up.

they r 265/75s equip, and got em at agood price too.

its a good trip will :) was the first time we had been there. i am not sure if i went there or not growing up 4wding with the family, lots of places look the same when ur 12! but check the deepness of the puddles before u go into them LOL. our mate was very lucky he didnt get much water in his engine. as was our other mate who actually tested the deepness and thoguht it was ok but went in anywayas. had he had a lift and muddies he might have gotten thru as wasnt as deep as that first one haha.

Latest posts

Back