Factory Dual Batteries?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cougars

Reaction score
I just got a new 2010 D22 and it has factory dual batteries.I cant find a solenoid that swaps the batteries over,And nothing in the manual.Are they set up to run at the same time? Do I need to get a solenoid fitted?

cheers Scott

Hi Scott

Im in the same boat as you, picked up a new d22 2010 last week and also had dual batteries fitted, nothing in my manual and wasnt able to locate any plugs/sockets around the vehicle that may be hooked up to the 2nd battery. Im also curious for info as id like to upgrade the 2nd bat to deep cycle and run a fridge off it.
Jules

I went to a auto sparky today.Looks like both batteries run at the same time.Im going to get a Red Arc solenoid fitted.Will cost me $120 for the Red Ark and 15 minutes labour to get them running properly.

Just rang my Nissan Dealer,Talked to a guy in the service center.Both batteries atm run to the alternator.If I turn it into a switching system it doesn't void the warranty as long as the new solenoid/wiring isn't the cause of the breakdown.

cheers

Back