Shocks

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SamboD21

Reaction score
Gday fellas

Its now rego time and with 1 busted shock, she aint gonna pass. Im looking for a full set to take the harshness out of the ride as it is very rough in the bumpy stuff and almost unbearable on road. :sad:

What shocks are you/have you used and what would you recommend?

Im after comfort more than anything else, but I want some more flex in the rear too as the current shocks are limiting down travel.
The ute is lifted somewhere between 2-3 inches (guesstimate)

Cheers

I fitted Old Man Emus to the front to pass a roadworthy because apparently the Monroes on it were shot, and noticed no difference at all.

I found with my D22 that when I changed my rear leaf springs the ride got better.

Now its running 5 leafs in the back but mines a Dual cab and a set of stiffer torsion helped aswell.

Dave.

The problem with mine is that is is too stiff. Im actually thinking of taking a leaf out of the packs to soften it up.

Anyone used toughdog adjustables on their Nav?

Most shocks come out of the same factory in Mexico. I think it's a Gabriel Factory. I'm sure they are made to different specs but a shock is a shock to me.

If i were you i would focus on warranty and service back up rather than name brands. I use Lovells all round and they seem to do the job. They have a 3yr warranty so if anything should happen within that three years they are replaced (i had one fail on the Gibb River Road after about 20,000 Kms and it was replaced after i returned it to the supplier in SA).

Next time i change the shocks i will probably look at a brand that can be repaired or replaced at various agents around the country. Having said that, $$ will always come into it.

I'm happy with the Lovells.

Im after comfort more than anything else, but I want some more flex in the rear too as the current shocks are limiting down travel.
The ute is lifted somewhere between 2-3 inches (guesstimate)

Cheers
If you have raised the suspension 2-3 inches then I'm guessing your shocks are also 3" longer?, so in that case you would probably need to use longer bump stops to prevent the shocker from bottoming out.

To get more rear flex you need to run a flat soft spring.

Latest posts

Back