Google earth style site

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kitch76

Reaction score
Looking for a site that is much like google earth but you can zoom closer and some areas have the ability to zoom in on different days. I thought it was posted here around febuary

Wow, that's awesome, Google's pictures are OLD, Nearmap's are from the summer just past for my area.

Googles maps are old because when they do something their world domination plot thickens and the invasion of privacy nuts can't help themselves. Mobs like Nearmap quietly fly under the radar and do a better job because the invasion of privacy nuts don't know there is an internet beyond Google.

Nearmap is a good one but don't expect high quality country wide mapping there is many regional areas not updated since 2004. Some of the regional areas the roads don't even appear to be drawn in the right place because you can't see enough detail.

Google are also focusing more on street mapping because they make a heap more money off street level maps than satellite images. It's been nearly 6 months since I saw Google cars down here so a street map update should be on the cards soon.

Latest posts

Back