rust proofing

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wynnie

Reaction score
going to fraser island soon camping just wondering what some of you guys use for rust proofing.few people i have spoken to latley reakon that electronic rust proofing is a waste of money.just looking for some ideas on this if there is anything i can spray on or under the car to protect it. thanks wynnie

dec0guy, im thinking of getting this done also, just wondering did you use the guys in the link? Approx how much and how long did it take? You happy with it?

Cheers, ant.

Got the spray with the car new, but have also used fish oil previously on other forbys.. works well apart from the stink for a few days!

thanks guys 08 kingcab just a quick one mate do you wash this of after trip and what with.Also what do you guys wash out the engine bay with is there anything to be carful about. sorry for all the questions thanks wynnie

going to fraser island soon camping just wondering what some of you guys use for rust proofing.few people i have spoken to latley reakon that electronic rust proofing is a waste of money.just looking for some ideas on this if there is anything i can spray on or under the car to protect it. thanks wynnie

i just got my tub liner and hard lid today but before i put it all in i got one can of white night rust gaurd fish oil from bunnings for about $12 and sprayed my whole tub and this can must have a ocean of fish in it cause i was spraying for ages, i have never seen a can with so much in it, i done the whole tub and more than one coat to all with one can, i brought a 1 litre bottle and i think a 500ml one and the can just to be sure i'll have enough and i started with can and couldn't believe i did the whole thing so tonight its drying cause it need 48hrs to dry

Hey guys, anyone know of any way of getting fish oil off? I fish oiled mine a while back and now there is a s**tload of of sand stuck to it. Any ideas?

Hey guys, anyone know of any way of getting fish oil off? I fish oiled mine a while back and now there is a s**tload of of sand stuck to it. Any ideas?

Only way I know is with a solvent, something like metho, or prepwash.

How long did you leave it to dry before hitting the sand?

I swear by fish oil. After i give the underbody a good wash i hit her woth some fish oil. Paying particular attention to all the seams in the chassis, and all the bolts heads, as well as any nicks and scratches that go down to metal. All up i would use at least a whole can doing this and it would take me about 45minutes.

Its good stuff, get it onto your truck!

Latest posts

Back