Diesel LPG Conversion

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

90TTZ

Reaction score
Hey Guys, been a while since I've visited but just wanted to let you know about how a bit of LPG goes with a TD27.

I fitted a D-Gas Black Series converter with 22 litre (scuba) tank under the tray. I purchased the kit (from Eco-Gas) to get a fuel economy benefit rather than power not to mention the $1500 government rebate.

I first found an LPG inspector who would certify the installation then I went for it. Worst part was installing the tank but the rest of it was really straight forward. The unit uses a neat little ECU that I mounted under the glove box which controls the gas injector and delivers the gas to a jet that sits in a holder that I tapped into the intake manifold just underneath the air filter.

Results as follows;

Before: 52 Litres of Diesel smack on 400KM

Now: 39 Litres of Diesel and 17 Litres of LPG delivers 450KM. Taking into consideration the LPG is only 70 cents per litre the savings are obvious. Works out about $6 less and 50KM more so roughly a $12 dollar saving per tank. Since the kit all up cost me about $1800 and I get $1500 back, it won't take a long time for it to pay for itself.

There is also a slight power increase that is noticeable, definitely has a stronger pull through the rev range although you could not compare it to forced induction. There is a performance map you can select and larger jets to use so I am going to have a play with this in time.

All in all a good mod and well worth it if you plan on keeping it for a few more years.

Wow, you guys pay through the nose for LPG.

Thanks for the info, I have wondered multiple times how D-Gas would go with a TD27. Now you just need to run a TD27T and up the gas feed. :rock:

Latest posts

Back