The 'Gathering' Location Poll

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Where to go for the 'Gathering'?

• Beach/coastal areas within 200km of Perth

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Rocky/bush areas within 200km of Perth

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Beach/coastal areas past 200km of Perth

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rocky/bush areas past 200km of Perth

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bit of both

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Don't really care, I'm up for anything

Votes: 4 33.3%

• Total voters

maddogrc

Reaction score
hey all,

since we have such a large group of WA goers in many different locations, i thought it'd be a good idea to see what people really want from a 4wd group outting.

in the poll i have listed a few options from the top of my mind, and depending on the lead option from the poll we can then further decide exactly where to go.

Last edited:
i never posted a poll before, it shows up once you post the thread haha

EDIT: damn it! i dont know how to change the poll, i should of done 'Bith of both within 200km of Perth' and Bith of both past 200km of Perth'

Last edited:
Yeah sorry mate, I thought yeah I'll give it a go low and behold could not see a poll, mustbhave been having a girl look LOL.

its just difficult choosing a spot thats good for beginners and experienced 4wd'ers. a good mix of easy and hard is mundaring powerlines, but its not exactly a place to go camping considering the track can be done in a few hours.

i've never been out to collie/dwellingup/brunswick, and i've heard there are some pretty good tracks that have a good mix of easy and hard, plus being all the way out there allows for camping.

also i got the less then 200 or more then 200 as i know that for some first time 4wders and campers here that more then 200km away from home is a fair bit haha. and if camping i'd prefer to go on a long weekend, but then most people tend to have family stuff on long weekends, not saying this isnt a family friendly trip, i'm just more of a 'go out camping with the mates, go 4wding, fishing and fun nights on the booze' haha.

ALSO, i'm more for a place that is close by to good facilities as i reckon people here wouldnt want to pack heaps of food and clothes, etc for say 3-4 days out in the middle of no where with no power and toilet. always seem to forget the small, but important things.

Hi Maddogrc

Have you got a planned time period or you just waiting too see what type of response you gonna get from everyone before you decide what to do?

Hi Maddogrc

Have you got a planned time period or you just waiting too see what type of response you gonna get from everyone before you decide what to do?

i want to see the responses from everyone as that way i can get a better idea of how long the trip will be for.

i have no confirmed date, but since this is a family orientated trip, i think the school holidays would be a prefered time? school holidays being "25 September to 11 October 2010" so i guess any of the weekends during that would be ideal.

however we can sort out any time, i just thought holidays would be better since a fair few members have families.

EDIT: ideally i'd like to leave on a friday, camp until monday morning at which point we pack up and head home at lunch time or just after. that way its a nice trip and not just a case of 'spend ages setting up camp, spend one night, spend ages packing away camp, driving home'. not my idea of a good camp

Last edited:
Could i suggest another poll, for duration?

One dayer,
Overnighter,
Weekender. (arrive friday night, drive sat, sun)

Just a thought, having both polls runnings might save time and help narrow down location.

Latest posts

Back