Sports bar Rack.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Killswitch

Reaction score
Just thought I’d share an idea I had (No doubt someone out there has seen or done this before) to bend up some round bar and make a shelf to hold my swags or other light items…

Attachments

• DSC07981.jpg
    DSC07981.jpg
    215.5 KB · Views: 330
  • DSC07982.jpg
    DSC07982.jpg
    208.7 KB · Views: 280
you might have some trouble with the steel pipe clamps rubbing on the aluminum so u should put some rubber in between, over time it will difinantly wear grooves into the aluminum if you dont.

Just like a bought one……
Well ahead of you on the rubber thing noremac
Cheers

Attachments

• DSC07983.jpg
    DSC07983.jpg
    208.5 KB · Views: 316
if u were a pretty neat welder u could weld all that tube together and get rid of most of the clamps...just keep the clamps for mounting to sportsbar

but dam nice work just trying to think of an excuse for making one myself...id try get some alluminium tube instead of steel...my fiance works in a alloy warehouse

I've got a similar idea but a little bit more involved...

I've got hold of a second Navara sports bar and plan to take the bracing legs off each of them and mount the second one where the legs would usually be. Then with the help of a boiler maker mate, tig up an aluminium lockable storage cage that sits above the tonnau cover with a gull wing door each side. Plan is to look as 'standard' as it can get it.

Guido

Interesting plan Guido, not something I need but none the less will be interested to see the finished product.

Latest posts

Back