kumho kl71's

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jacko

Reaction score
hey guys i'm up for new tires and saw these kumho kl71's mt tyres.. i searched the forum but didn't find too much on them.. has anyone had anything to do with them and if so how do they go on road as well as off road.. are you happy with the tyre or would you recomend goin else where... also if anyone in brisbane has them, where did you get them and how much did you pay if you dont mind me asking... I'm thinking of a 265/75/r16. is this a good size tyre for added clearances for the nav.. cheers in advance

you'll be fine clearance wise with stock suspension. It might just scrape on the insde front mud guard which you can cut away with a stanley knife or similar. Tyres are slightly larger so it will thro your speedo out by about 3-4%. Not sure how the kuhmo's go off road tho....

iv got them on my 95 navara and im happy with them gets pretty wet over here in southland nz an iv only been stuck due to getting belly but got out with the shovel and for road noise they are the best mud tyres iv own i think they on a par with my summer tyres for noise we pay about 950nz for a set of 9.5/30/15 they a good choice

Cheers guys.. yeah not too worried about clearance issues as i have a 2" sus lift.. hopefully the insurance company wont be able to tell the difference standard is 265/70/r16 but i know its still over the 15mm law. Does anyone know when the 50mm law is coming in? got some prices today and the cheapest ive got so far is $259 a tyre. but am goin to get back to a couple to bargain down.

some insurances are pretty leanient...i too am running 265/75/16 (slightly worried). i knew 2 guys running 33" and claimed insurance fine. cant remember what insurance they were with tho.

If insurance wanted to be pricks they could say no because any mod is technically illegal.

Dave.

Back