Tub space useage

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

archroach

Reaction score
Hi all... I've always been looking for the ideal 'simple' & 'practical' setup for recovery gear, Camping & general running about town, without going to extremes with drawer systems etc.

What great ideas have you all come up with?

Me... I've got a big plastic stowage box strapped up the front - containing all the heavier recovery bits etc. Then there's a plastic tool box strapped behind each Wheel arch with general tools etc. All of it easily removed, but perhaps not really ideal!

And of course theres behind the back seat for the Recharge pack, Solar Panel, 1st aid, spot light, hatchet, Jack, fluoro bar & basic tools etc.

Always ready to look at other people's creative options to make my life easier!

Cheers,

Roger

I use those plastic tubs with lids, they stack on top each other for going camping. As for recovery gear, i have the large TJM bag holding my snatch strap, tree trunk, 3 shackles, jump start leads, winch remote lead, gloves and few other little things stored behind the rear seat. just fits!

I made boxes out of plywood to suit different spaces that way they dont move and are real strong and having straight sides you fit more in,I also have a 60l water tank made outof stanless steel that is held in with a rachet strap same as the two fridges,air compresser mounted on the wheel arch and a large battery box,with a 3000w inverter on top of the battery box and i have a coulple of adjustable tie down points on the floor

Last edited:
OK, all good ideas! Have been thinking of putting a recovery bag behind rear seat & relocating some of the other stuff there now. I guess it comes down to what you want/need & when you want it, plus secure - won't fly around over severe terrain!

I always keep my eyes open for something that can double beautifully for a raised cargo partition that'll sit level or above with the Wheel arches and provide a second level of stowage whilst allowing easy access to the gear underneath!

Keep the ideas commin' Nav Nuts!

Cheers,

Roger

I purchased 2 Stanley black boxes with locked lids. They both fit in the front of the tray between the wheel arches.
Inside 1 I have ARB Recovery kit in bag, mag light, drag chain, tyre deflator, Aldi Compressor (soon to be upgraded), footy (incase i'm stuck good and proper with to much time on my hands).
In the other food and cooking gear (minus the stove and gas). Stove tucks between the boxes or I lay it on top of the recovery box and gas tucks in back of right wheel arch.
From there I have a Coleman 72 can marine esky, then miscelanious things and rubbish bag in the back right corner.
Camping chairs lie on top of the wheel arches either side.

Only like to keep my bag of clothing on the rear seat, just in case I find a river crossing that doesn't like me.
It fits quite snug but if im just going overnight I just tie boxes down and use someone elses esky/fridge.
Its a work in progress but after 4 weeks in Tassie touring we had it pretty sorted.

Hey, that sounds pretty good! So the two boxes btw the arches kind of boost the height to level with the arches, making a relatively flat level to stow more stuff upon?

I might have to look into grabbing a couple of those boxes! It'd be even better if - via a mezanine or partition - you could pull those boxes to the tailgate to access without having to move the stuff above off first!

Cheers,

Rog

very good point. but esky is the first priorityat any stop. I found this out in tassie when it was at the front and I was left puzzled as to how I couyld get a quick drink.

i'll put them in the car later on and post a pic for you

Hah, I can't argue that point! I came to the exact same conclusion myself, the hard way. Esky is always last in now! I usually also have a small stash of coldies inside the Cab with me for quick deployment! :)

The problem I had when I put my engel in the rear just near the tail gate is that is the roughest riding spot and I've had a few breakages on rough tracks. That can turn a good time into a bad day in no time flat! Still, that's where I'll be mounting my fridge slide, you just need to be aware and careful. Eskies don't have quite the same risk as the ice and water slow the shock.

Latest posts

Back