Gas Conversion

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MACD22

Reaction score
Hi, I have searched and couldn't find info on this.

Has anyone converted their Navara to a Diesel / gas system? if so any info would be good.

I have a new 2.5 Nav, would a conversion still be ok on the smaller motor?

Thanks Everyone!

thanks,

can i get some info from some people that have these systems?

-Is there any other systems around to compare with?
-which system out there is the best for fuel savings? most of them seem to be mainly interested in increasing power.

There is a couple of good threads on 4wdaction about diesel gas. You just need to do a search. Basically the gastek system is the most refined using an injector. dgas, ecotec are all jet sytems and are obviously not as precise. I have the dgas system and have been very happy with it. It has taken a little messing around to get it to perform at its optimum, but you get to know the system pretty quickly and can adjust quite easily.

If you are only wanting economy from your diesel gas system, you are waisting your time and money. The gains are minimal. The power and torque increase is where it really shines.

If I was to have another diesel gas install, I would have a closer look at the gastek system over the others.

it does increase fuel economy.
i have a heavy right foot and i also have a chip on mine and it's made the fuel economy alot better.
i towed my camper trailer up the cape last year and was averageing 12L diesel and 3 of gas per 100km, the camper was fully loaded no room. in the truck was 2 guys, clothes,2 fridge's and other bit's. while the gu patrol ute was averageing 16L/per 100km of diesel
1 crusier ute v8trubo diesel was 20L per 100km the other was 22/25L per 100km.
the big benefit is that the gas is like half the price of the diesel.
also coming back i didn't have gas and i averaged like 18L per 100km.
that was with the tyre's down to 22 psi.

mine was done by marjac care care in the sunny coast.
if i was going to do it again id get it done by chapman's preformance in cooroy

Latest posts

Back