Any Auto Techs??

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

STUTE

Reaction score
Can somone let me know why my new CD/DVD player is blowing my Dash Lights/Tail Lights fuse.

I would rather do it by myself than send it to somone and have to wait around and pay in these tough economic times thumpdown:

So if anyone can give me hint on what wire to cut that would be ultra handy.

I have D22 and yes i have covered all the solderings with tape and shrink wrap. (thanks dad)

Thanks
Stuart

Hehe, this sounds all to familiar to me as mine was doing the same thing when I fitted the UHF.

Behind the radio there is a black wire from memory that for all intents and purposes looks like a ground wire by being black, and by multimeter tests like an earth, but it isn't, it is the 12v line from the tail light circuit that livens up when the lights are turned on, this is to tell the head unit to dim its own lighting.

When testing with a multimeter and the lights are off it shows as a dead short to earth as it takes a path back to earth through all the parker and tail light globes. If the earth of the head unit is connected to this wire, remove it from this wire and connect it to a proper chassis earth behind the dash, there are plenty of bolts you can put the earth wire round.

haha yeh mine did the same thing, as i wired the backlight wire as the earth. learnt the hard way lol. just detatched the wire and havent had an issue since

Mine was plug and play, couldn't be bothered splicing harness's, got the pre-made ones.

My UHF I wired through a fuse block then onto the battery.

Take the advice of the other guys, since they have learnt the hard way.

Dave.

Back