Silverstone AT117 Specials.....

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sammy_STR

Reaction score
Hay guys,

i need to get myself some new tyres for my D22 Navara and cant afford to spend 250+ for AT's,
came across some of these Silverstone AT117 specials and was wondering if anyone has either used these or have any idea what they are like.. im not off road all the time may 90% tar and 10% off road and its mainly camping with mild 4wding... the price i have been quoted is $195 a corner fitted and balanced.
any info on these tyres would be good and or could anyone point me in the direction of a decent tyre for around the same price....
cheers guys
Sam

p.s im in melbourne....

A mate has them on his 100 series cruiser, good for mild off road, but when it gets a bit harder my tires that I would have considered better brand, but more road biased Mickey Thompson ATZ 5rib got allot further than his silverstones, It may have to do with the car and the driver and allot of other things, but I defiantly had allot less wheel spin even in the dry than him.

I have them on my Navara, I bought them because of the low price ($165)! I've done approx 25,000km and they're already 1/2 worn. Off road they have been less than reliable with 4 punctures on 6 trips, although adjusting tyre pressures and lowering speeds did help minimally.

I have decided that next time I will just go back to a set of BFG AT's as they were better value for $'s.

Cheers.

re opening an old thread here just as an update.
I ended up getting some of these, they have been great for what they are. they have been good off road until you get into the realy hairy stuff however i have only been bogged once. they are now almost 4 years old and its time for some new ones. i wont be getting these again as i am now looking at some muddies but for what they are they have been great. i would def recomend these to anyone who doesnt want to spend bg bucks and still wants a fairly reliable all terrain tyre.
cheers

Four years well done!
We run them too, never had an issue. They only down side is they have a softer side wall that all,

When I say they are done, they are by no means unroadworthy. I'd still drive them I just want to upgrade to muddies. My little brother now runs them on his hilux and loves them. I have to say overall I was a very satisfied customer.

Latest posts

Back