LCMP trip 3rd,4th,5th

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

180%JOE

Reaction score
We had a massively fun weekend at Landcruiser Park the weekend just gone. Sadly one truck never made it home :( lol. We took out four trucks and only three were able to drive home.

I went up Friday morning and set up my CT for the weekenad. I went for a short drive to pick up some firewood and ran into a few guys who were there for a bucks party weekend. They were driving a massive silverado in two wheel drive and after a short talk I followed along for a quick track session. They were insane, pushing it too the limit of what a stock chevy monster can do on tight tracks in two wheel drive lol. Picture crazy sliding action into trees and rocks!

All the rest of the guys turned up that afternoon and we planned a big day of driving the hardest tracks we could for the following morning.

All was going well with little damage until we headed for the pig pen. We were having a bit of fun in there and one of the guys in a toyota forerunner decided to push it a little too much and slipped his wheels into a muddy rut and flipped his car over in waist deep water/mud! Luckily no one was hurt, but it could have been really bad. We snatched the car back upright and towed it back to camp. Result: Front passenger panel stuffed, roof stuffed, window cracked, roof racks fallen off, Interior flooded (phones survived), Engine flooded! No start = bad.

We spent the afternoon on the tools taking out the plugs, draining the oil, changing the air filter, cranking the water out of the pistons and spraying everything in WD-40. So before dark we had most of the water out, we had spark, we had fuel, we had new oil but it would not kick over. We headed off to the fire for a rethink and beers.

The next morning we started the forerunner and it kicked over into life..... for ten seconds then cut out! :( time for a tow to the office and $500 later the forerunner was on its way home. As soon as it was back it started fine!!! damn it.

For the lucky ones still going we did a few more tracks and had a great weekend.

I have pics and vids of the forerunner getting pulled out and us doing camp road and other tracks. I'll post them all as soon as my mate sends me them.

Latest posts

Back