chopping out front guard

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rectie

Reaction score
i have bought 33s for my nav but when i go to turn they scrub on the actual metal body work but get inside the plastic guards, when people say they are chopping out their front guards to make them fit where are they actual cutting, if someone could explain to me how they have done it or even post pictures it would be great

thanks matt

Change the offset of your rims, Josh had 35's on his before he turned it into a monster.

Dave.

yeh i might have to, i made the mistake of getting 15s on a further out offset because i didnt know anybetter and if i get a different offset they will hit the brakes so i might just have to cut my losses sell these tyres and buy them on a 16 inch rim

easiest way is to get your favourite hammer and just turn the steering wheel side to side, see where its touching and take to it with the hammer then repeat. The neater way...but its easier to go too far is with a grinder. There is a lot of unneccesary metal and plastic there.

yeh i have, about 2-3 inch suspension n 2 inch body thats my problem

With a body lift you should be able to eliminate all scrubbing even at full flex.

Try triming the gurads like this:

Guardtrimming.jpg

And maybe some different offset rims may help, stock is +40 on a 7" wide rim. Most members are going with King 16x8's with +20 offset, as the only stick out 32mm further.

offset will play a big part.... id say you will be pushing it if you have more then neg 10. My 35's were on 0 offset

yer ill get in and have a good look n a play in a few weeks as i have a brocken leg n arm so its a bit hard to do anything at the moment but i dont think a hammer will cut the bacon as they are hitting alot not just a little bit

get a picture. Ill try and tell you how much you can get rid of

thanks but i think ive decided to sell them n get them on a 16 inch rim, can anyone tell me what pffset would be best to get them to fit?

the more positive offset the more clearance you should get..to a degree

offset will play a big part.... id say you will be pushing it if you have more then neg 10. My 35's were on 0 offset

are all rims marked what offset they are?i want to fit 33s to mine,and was looking at rims that came off a hilux....would they fit?
i took measurements of my original rims,from the face of the tyre to the stud holes and the hilux rims are 50/60 mm :deeper:
that means the tyres stick out 60mm outside the guards...right?:rock:

ok thanks for the help, ill get these 33s on properly and start taking some pics of the old girl and post em

are all rims marked what offset they are?i want to fit 33s to mine,and was looking at rims that came off a hilux....would they fit?
i took measurements of my original rims,from the face of the tyre to the stud holes and the hilux rims are 50/60 mm :deeper:
that means the tyres stick out 60mm outside the guards...right?:rock:

Measure from the mounting face to the outside of the rim. Smaller the number the more they will stick out. Ie get something flat across the inside of your rim (the side that faces into the car) and a rule and measure down to the mounting stud face.

The offset is how far the mounting face is off from the centre of the rim. So an 8inch rim with 0 offset, you would get a 4" measurement

Measure from the mounting face to the outside of the rim. Smaller the number the more they will stick out. Ie get something flat across the inside of your rim (the side that faces into the car) and a rule and measure down to the mounting stud face.

The offset is how far the mounting face is off from the centre of the rim. So an 8inch rim with 0 offset, you would get a 4" measurement

ok,thanks,so what do u reckon is the best offset to fit 33s

i never run 33's, factory is +40 on 7"rims, i run 35's on 0 offset 8" rims, so id say youll get away with up to 0 offset but youll still need minor work to stop it rubbing when turning

if it helps i have a 3inch efs suspention lift 2 inch body lift and i just bought nice new maxxis bighorns 33*12.5*15 on black 15*8 sunrasier rims and it goes nice just done what josh' said hammerd in under the gaurds and its acutally pretty good just came back from tallarok state forest and just little bit of rubbing more tyres wear out the better hahah.

Back