Best entry point for reversing camera

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have run all my accessories through this hole, there is a rubber bung in place from factory so just run the cable through that, I need to silicone mine up

P9112737.jpg

I have run all my accessories through this hole, there is a rubber bung in place from factory so just run the cable through that, I need to silicone mine up

P9112737.jpg

do you run it under the body to the back? also where did you mount your camera hehe i've ordered one but not sure where to put it as i've ordered the night vision and in my previous car the number plate light sort of ruin the whole night vision thing..

I dont have a camera but if I did, I would use this hole to exit the cab and then run the cable down along the chassis rail to the back somewhere

i'm not exactly sure about that model but in D40 behind the rear seat's there is an air opening and i normaly cross all my wiring from there. i have 2, one from each side of the navara

wheres the grommet ?
they are there tostop the cables rubbing on the steel and shorting out.

theres a big grommet under the drivers seat which is handy for bringing cables up from the rear. seal it well if you go through rivers.

Like I said, I need to silicone it up, this will stop them rubbing. Its too difficult to get the grommet back on with all the cables in place

do you run it under the body to the back? also where did you mount your camera hehe i've ordered one but not sure where to put it as i've ordered the night vision and in my previous car the number plate light sort of ruin the whole night vision thing..

I was thinking I would mount it on the bumper. I'd put it on the first flat section on the left hand side so it would be most effective when parking.

or do it like mine and place it in the middle of the numberplate so you can see your tow bar. as well as its centered so you can see everything on both sides and not just one side

I really like that idea Nick but I need to find a small enough camera... plus with personalised plates the camera wouldn't be in the middle of the plate.

I mounted mine in the left side of the rear bar, as close to the centre as possible. I found that the number plate lights can over expose the image at night.
From here I ran the cable through my left rail all the way to the engine bay where it enters the car from a tiny hole drilled through the rubber grommet that supports some breather hose. A few cable ties, a little bit of silicon and all safe and sealed.
Very Happy

You'll probably find it just needed some sort of hood to shield the lens from the light source or to be set further into the bar to provide that shielding.

are you sure its the numberplate lights ? quite common is the built in IR led's reflecting off the front cover and into the lens.

Latest posts

Back