intercooler protection

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

googs

Reaction score
Ive fitted some some flyscreen in front of the radiator for a bit of protection. I haven't had any dramas and the temp gauge hasn't moved from before the mod. That beiong so would it be possible to do a similar thing inside the bonnet scoop to protect the intercooler? :cheers!: Let me know what you guys think.

ive always wondered if i should do something about all the buys and crap flying into the intercooler. I just pick all the crap out every few weeks

I was advised strongly against putting any mesh at all in front of mine, but being a D40, I have an auto gearbox cooler, intercooler, air con condensor and the radiator all in the one spot.

And out in the desert, pulling 1.8T up a long incline, it did get a little warmer than normal - without any screen in place. I was concerned about damage from stones etc too, but I think there's too much cooling needed for the D40s. You might be able to get away with it.

Someone here put some mesh over the air intake. They sell them for Imprezas, there's a thread in here somewhere that had a link to the place that sold them. It can obviously be done, how much it reduces the efficiency of the intercooler I couldn't say, but really it'd have to be a freak rock to bounce in and do any damage.

Mine is protected by the bullbar so here and there I pull grasshoppers and other insects out of it.

It will be right.

Dave.

Allright all done. Ive been for a few drives and it seems good. I"ll keep an eye on my economy over the next few tanks to see if there is any change.:rock:

Latest posts

Back