Suspension ordered

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cruiserstu

Reaction score
Bit the bullet today and ordered my new suspension for my 04 STR. EFS torsion bars and leafs with greasable shackles and Bilstein shocks front and back. Should be getting fitted next monday as the shocks have to get sent up from Sydney. Cant wait to see what the difference is like and take it for a spin off road.

stu

Trust me will stick to the road like glue.

Mine will only kick sideways in the wet if I try and get it sideways out of a roundabout.

Dave.

Dave, i see you have also fitted the Bilsteins i take it by your comments that you have been impressed by them. How have they been offroad, have you had any dramas with them or ever damaged one. I know they have got a good reputation which is what im going off as ive never had them on a car before.

stu

I dont go offroad as much as I would like to these days as work keeps me busy but when I do they perform aswell as they do on road.

I would go as far as saying they are the best mod I have done, sitting on $1.40 they make it as stable as a car.

They are the only shock I will ever use from now on.

Dave.

How much did they set u back mate??? I am looking for suspension myself and also heard they are a good shock.

The shocks where just under $800, and the whole kit fitted was $2100. That was from fulcrum suspension in Cairns, believe it or not that was one of the cheapest quotes up here for a full kit.

stu

well picked up the car yesterday arvo and what a massive difference. The rear came up about 60mm and the front about 30mm (i had wound up the torsion bars preveiously). On the road it feels completely different the spongy feel in the front has gone and it no longer feels like it is hitting the front bumpstops when you hit a bump, and the rear end seems to absorb the bumps so much better and not pitch around like before. So all in all very happy and wish i had of done it sooner, will put some photo's up later today.

stu

Knew you would be happy, best money I have spent.

Second best mod is the longrange fuel tank.

Dave.

I do close to 1000km's a week and I only fill up every 8 days as I usually do bugger all km's on the weekend.

Dave.

Back