Canning Stock Route

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeff

Reaction score
Travelled the Canning Stock Route last June ( Tag-A-Long) with my D 40 and it went a treat. Not one problem.
We were in 4WD continually from Wiluna to Billiluna some 2,000ks over 18 days.
Only modification was to suspension (Old Man Emu all round).
Used Bridgestone Desert Deuler 693s (the 10ply ones) and not so much as a scratch or nick out of the tread.

Would I do it again ? - never ever - ruff as guts, but great fun especially if you like hundreds and hundreds of kilometres of corrugations and hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of sand dunes.:rock:

One warning to anyone considering using the fuel drop at Well 23 - some lowlife stole about 60litres from our drum.
We paid $2.75 a litre for the 200 litre drum at the fuel drop and then had to pay $3.20 a litre at Kunawarratji Aboriginal Community(Well33) to replace the 60 litres we lost.

Might be best to buy at the community where you are assured fuel supply.

Jeff.:rant:

Congrats on the trip - be some great memories there. Real bugger about the prat who stole your fuel mate. Any good pics to show?

Those corrugations are really something, have to be seen or felt to be believed.

I'm the opposite I would go again tomorrow if I had the time. I loved it out there!.

CSR pictures

Managed to load a few pics in Members Gallery, no idea how to stick them in here though. Whats a ULR???
Didn't take a lot of stills as we concentrated more on the video camera.
Have made my own little Video/DVD so I can invite people around and bore them silly with it.

Jeff.:sarcastic:

Was your D40 Manual or Auto? A mate and I are considering going this year and have one of each.
Did you do any damage to your suspension at all and did you keep a track of your fuel consumption, I would appreciate a ball park figure if you have one.
Russell

Was your D40 Manual or Auto? A mate and I are considering going this year and have one of each.
Did you do any damage to your suspension at all and did you keep a track of your fuel consumption, I would appreciate a ball park figure if you have one.
Russell

Welcome to the Forum, I did the CSR in 09. I had a manual D40, but an auto would be sooo much easier.

I didn't damage my suspension, but it was certainly worn out by the end of my trip.

The whole CSR is done at around 30kph, I'm hopeless at keeping records but I know I used around 320 litres from Newman to Halls Creek via Rudall River (Desert Queen Baths). Capricorn road house are no longer doing the fuel dumps so you'll have to drive out to Newman or try and make it to Kunawarratiji

I filled up with 300 liters at Newman and put in another 100 at "K" finished up with a full tank at Halls Creek once all the fuel was transfered to the main tank.

Check out the explore oz website for more info.

The CSR isn't for the light hearted, easily the hardest road in the Country.

Back