Brunswick 8-10 October 4WD + Camp

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maddogrc

Reaction score
Hey to all of you out there!

Polls are closed, votes are in, and its been decided of where YOU guys want to go to.

With rocky/bush areas being the preferred option by most members here I have decided that Brunswick, south of Perth, will be a great spot for camping and 4wding aswell as a brilliant spot for having a BBQ, stories and tales around the camp-fire and just all round good times.

Here is a link of where I want to go to:
Brunswick 4x4 | Get out and enjoy it!

This is a family orientated event so bring your family if you want, and in all we're all here to have a good time and some fun, aswell as giving those who aren't so experienced in 4WDing a good place to learn and giving those who are 4WD veterans a chance to try out some challenging tracks.

As this is also a camp I suggest everyone bring coolers (engel, waeco, even an esky) to keep all cold-stuffs in. As we will be cooking our food, eg. steak, kebabs, etc. I was hoping someone could bring a BBQ along with them as I myself don't own one that is portable. I've seen plenty of the wheelie-type bench BBQ's on the side of the road, but thats just a bit dodgy to take haha. If someone volunteers to bring their BBQ it'd be HIGHLY appreciated by all :rock:

Also as we are camping, please bring you're own drinking water and please bring a rubbish bag for your litter.

Although we're entering spring and it seems to be warming up, bloody slowly, I can't stress enough to everyone that you NEED to bring some very very warm clothing for night time, and even during the day depending on the upcoming weather. I'm hoping there will be a camp fire allowed, I have been told we are, but I can't confirm that (will try and see a local ranger or call DPI).

In the terms of 4WD, here is my list of things you MUST at least have:
- 1 x rated snatch strap
- 1 x rated shackle (must be rated)
- 1 x front or rear recovery point (both front and rear are preferred, but I know the difficulties of fitting recovery points)
- 1 x spare tyre (being rocky a puncture is possible)
- 1 x car jack.tool kit supplied with your car (a more advanced toolkit is preferred, anything can happen out there)
- 1 x ENOUGH FUEL TO COMPLETE THE TRIP

Things which I RECOMMEND you have:
1 x air compressor (I don't mind lending mine, but its just a hassle if everyone else forgets haha)
1 x UHF CB radio (channel 16 if you do)
1 x puncture repair kit
1 x tarp (always seem to be handy)
1 x First Aid kit (whether it is a basic kit or a Saint John's full kit, I HIGHLY recommend people have one in their car)
1 x tyre deflators (its the small things in life that make the biggest difference haha)

I think that about covers it in terms of what to bring for 4WDing, for camping gear its the obvious tent, sleeping bag, change of clothes, etc.

There are no toilets on the campsites, so I just sugges to drive into town as its only a short trip away, 10min.

A map of how to get their from Perth is as follows, and as you can see its pretty easy:
brunswick.png

If we could, I'd like for us to all meet at a spot before we commence the trip, just as its always funner in convoy and so that none of us get lost on the way haha.

So yeah, if you are keen and can CONFIRM that you are coming along then please put yourself down as confirmed and put up some ideas of where we can all meet. I live south of the river, so for me I wouldnt mind meeting up say at the Canningvale Shell servo or even the BullCreek shopping centre (freeway ramp is just around the corner).

If ANYONE here has done the trip down to Brunswick then PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE put your hand up to help me along the way as I myself have not been there so any advice on the area and tips would be very appreciated :cheers!:

Cheers everyone and I hope we get a good turn out from this!

George

Last edited:
what the hell has happened to everyone?

we spent all this time as a group deciding, when, where, for how long, and now finally we've decided on a place to go to.

COME ON EVERYONE!

I'm in az always, in Vietnam this week so will double check when I get home

Ditto with the above, would have been good, but will be working during that time

woo, another member!

dont remember seeing you around or you posting in the 'new member' thread? sorry if you have and i just didnt realise haha. where about in perth are ya and what you driving?

confirmed:
myself
roundy
up n ova

maybe:
r1dg3y

COME ON, lets atleast make 5!

woo, another member!

dont remember seeing you around or you posting in the 'new member' thread? sorry if you have and i just didnt realise haha. where about in perth are ya and what you driving?

confirmed:
myself
roundy
up n ova

maybe:
r1dg3y

COME ON, lets atleast make 5!

I have been around for about a month or 2 now mate. Im SOR in Pt Kennedy. I am driving a 2010 d22

i got a snorkle, xrox bar, winch, lightforce XGT's, boggard t/timer, gme 3420 uhf, sliders and more to come

haha, sounds awesome! i wouldnt mind a xrox bar and a winch for my car, i just need to kill my stock one!

have you got the scraping noise when doing hard left or right turns over bumps or uneven surfaces? eg. curb, rock. if not its only a matter of time til you hear that scary scrape and bang noise haha, but dont worry, its only the bump stops needing grease

HAHAHAHA nar mate not yet its only done 1500 kms. keen as to get off road more but noone to go with. was thinking of joining rockingham 4x4 club went to 1 of there club meetings and didnt get a good vibe. Lovin this fourm tho keeps me glued to the computer

yeah, stay here and keep an eye on the perth section.

if you want to do more stuff then i do the monthly 4wd trip to mundaring if i get the time.

let me know if you want to go 4by some time so you can test your rig and get pulled out incase you get stuck haha, and vice versa.

if you find any good bits around your area for a bit of 4by then let us know, the more spots the better haha

Latest posts

Back