power window

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blue boy

Reaction score
how do you reset the drivers power window to go automatically up????this is the 2nd time its happened 1st time nissan did something to fix it. must be something simple.

Hold down the button until the window is down all the way, hold for a further 5 seconds. Then hold on the way up and hold for a further 5 seconds at the top.

Note: As far as I am aware there was a number of D40's that came into the country some time in 09 where this feature was actually turned off by default and this procedure will need to be done every time the battery terminals are disconnected. There seems to be a lot more D40's from 09 that had this feature turned on than there was that had it turned off so maybe the non auto up safety feature was only briefly while Nissan fixed the way the auto up operates.

Last edited by a moderator:
My D40 (March 2009) had the auto up feature tuned off & the salesman said it was because of some doubt about the safety aspect???
I of course turned it on & still have not killed anyone.

It's to do with the window not returning back down when it gets resistance. There was case in the courts a while back that found power windows nearly killed a kid because he accidentally shut the window with his head poking through it. I presume those that didn't get it as standard (or require it to be reset when the battery is disconnected) possible when through because Nissan hadn't figured out a compliant way to meet the new rules so they came up with an adaption. It appears the later 09 models were fixed but I'm still not sticking my neck in a window to prove how good they are.

Hi all
Got my D40 in May 2010 it was turned off .
I put it down to local dealer not turning it on.

cheers phil.

I wondered if it was just a simple case of lazy or forgetful dealers too however I know guys who have earlier D40's that can disconnect the battery and the system remembers the auto up where as if my battery is disconnected I have to reset it.

I thought I was going mad... I was sure that it had auto up.....

Fix worked a treat!!! Thanks

(Just signed up. My 1st post. Seems like a great site with lots of Navara owners willing to help out with advice)

Glad it helped someone else. It's amazing how annoying something so little is. Not having this feature bugged the crap out of me I never realised how much I'd gotten used to it in other cars.

Thanks for this. I have had my Nav for 6 months and thought there
was only an auto down!

Fixed in 15 seconds :big_smile: Superb!

Murph

I've had to do mine a few times and it's worked each time, I think the original method had the button held down for 10 secs but 5 seems to be sufficient. Maybe it's different in the KC's given their build location but I can't see why as it's done to suit an ADR and therefore modified here or only for cars sent here.

Having said that I seem to remember the spec sheets for the 09 and 10 models only listing "Turn-back safety power window (driver)" on the ST-X models so maybe the Thai built ones are built to a standard that can't be changed and the ST-X's are built with the override to make the turn-back work but no all dealers know about it.

Sorry to dig up an oldie guys, but what I'd like is to be able to convert all 4 windows in my STX to auto up and down. I worked at Mercedes Benz for two years and got a bit spoilt, I admit, but it really is something I'd like to be able to do to the nav. Would it be possible at all?

The switches would need changing as well and the three other doors are not momentary contact switches.

Thanks Krafty!
Bought auto diesel 07 D40 couple weeks ago, so far happy with, last 2 days, took stock audio out and put GPS,DVD double din in and connected reverse camera all working OK, but found auto windows not work, read your thread and solved problem. One thing if you can help, (beacause have not got manual on hand) i could not buy hardness Audio/Radio (tried 2 Repco and audio car shop but not on stock have to order) so i bought 18 pins connector from Jaycar and made it, but do not know the blue cable from car joint to stock unit "what's for" used metter measure comes up nothing. Now, on the gauge cluster keeps flashing "the car picture with the key on center" until i put the key on ignition and turn 2 on position and its stop. You know what's wrong? or miss "blue cable some where". Sorry, out of the thread, but need some help. Thanks again.
Regards
Joe

The car on the dash is just telling you NATS is turned on as far as I can remember but I'd have thought it should go off on the first turn of the key but I could be wrong it's one of those things I don't really notice anymore.

I'd have to check the manual for the blue wire and I haven't got it on this computer, but someone else might have it handy tonight. Failing that have a look in the D40 section I think there is a thread for downloading the D40 manual.

Latest posts

Back